by Jill P
We made it through a super busy October! Time to put away the Halloween costumes and break out the sweaters. There are a lot of fun stuff happening in November that you’ll want to check out.
Here are some of the top events that are on our radar for the month. Note: please see individual listings for times, ticket prices, venue information, etc.
*This listing includes family events from our sponsors. We appreciate their support of KZOOkids.
NOVEMBER FAMILY EVENTS
1. Ramona Quimby | November 4-12 | Parish Theatre performed by the Civic Youth Theatre
You’ll love this show from one of the beloved children’s characters.
2. Fall Migration Celebration | November 6 | W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary
Practice waterfowl identification along the lakeshore, participate in games and activities along the trail, and warm up with cider at the end of your walk. This event is free to members; non-members will be charged regular admission.
3. Build a Dinorama! | November 8 | Portage District Library
Celebrate Dinovember with the PDL by building a cool spot for dinosaurs! They provide the materials, you provide the creativity. Registration required.
4. Paw Patrol Live! | November 9 | DeVos Performance Hall, Grand Rapids
Based on the hit animated TV series on Nickelodeon, PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue” brings everybody’s favorite pups to the stage for an action-packed, high-energy, musical adventure.
5. Hansel & Gretel | November 12 & 13 | Chenery Auditorium
To open this year’s 35th season, Ballet Arts Ensemble and Artistic Director Cathleen Huling premiere their new production—Hansel and Gretel. A Hansel and Gretel Tea follows each performance and requires purchasing an additional ticket.
6. Annual Kalamazoo Holiday Parade | November 12 | Downtown Kalamazoo
This downtown Kalamazoo event features giant balloons that grace the sky for a dazzling performance of flight. It also showcases community organizations, businesses, bands, and clowns –all making the parade a fun-filled holiday celebration. And, as the tradition holds true, Santa is always the finale!
7. “Home” Made Gifts at the KVM | November 12 | Kalamazoo Valley Museum
Follow the Holiday Parade to the Museum to create gifts made from materials found in homes. Design from nature, building structures, and a wide variety of raw materials to create gifts for your loved ones. Celebrate and prepare for the holidays at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum.
8. Tree Lighting Ceremony | November 25 | Bronson Park
The City of Kalamazoo’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will again be held at Bronson Park, the heart of Kalamazoo. Along with all the fun activities that will be going on around the park, there will be food trucks and we will be having a food drive to support the local food pantries.
9. A Christmas Story: The Musical | November 25-December 11 | Kalamazoo Civic Theatre
Based on the classic 1983 movie, A Christmas Story: The Musical captures holiday wonder with funny and heartfelt songs, show-stopping dancing, delicious wit, and a heart of gold. Tip: get your tickets now as the holiday productions for the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre sell out quickly.
10. Sesame Street LIVE: Make a New Friend | November 29 & 30 | Wings Event Center
Elmo, Grover, Abby Cadabby, and their Sesame Street friends welcome Chamki, Grover’s friend from India, to Sesame Street. Join the fun and make a memory with your friends and family!
Hope you have a great November!