by Jill P
Yes, winter is finally here! After the busy holidays, there always seems to be a lag as we fall into January and early February. This is the time of the year that I typically scour our KZOOkids.com Event Calendar looking for things to keep our family busy and active during the winter. We are not cold weather people, but I try to resist the urge to hibernate until Spring.
Here are 10 things that we’ve put on our to-do list this winter:
1. Attend a K-Wings hockey game. Check out their promotional schedule for some fun themed game nights. Some of our favorites include Star Wars Night and Princess/Prince Night.
2. Plan a trip to a waterpark. There are many great options around Michigan where you can escape the cold and enjoy a heated waterpark. Doesn’t 82 degrees sound good? Some of our favorites include Great Wolf Lodge, Avalanche Bay, and Soaring Eagle Waterpark. Stay tuned for our guide to waterparks coming soon.
5. Catch one of the shows at the DeVos Convention Center. Some of the shows that we are looking forward to include the Michigan International Auto Show, Kids & Family Expo, and West Michigan Home and Garden Show. Plus, we’re planning to attend the super fun Kzoo Baby & Family Expo on February 7 at the Radisson in Kalamazoo.
6. Venture out the South Haven, St. Jospeh, or Saugatuck to check out the winter beach scene.
7. Have a fondue party with the kids. Yes, this is something I’ve always wanted to try and this is the winter that I plan to do it.
8. Learn how to snowshoe, cross country ski, or downhill ski.
10. Go ice skating! There are plenty of great options to take the kiddos skating.
What’s on your winter to-do list? We’d love to hear your ideas for family winter fun!