by Leslie P
For the past 16 years, Gull Meadow Farms has been the place to visit for fall family fun. With new attractions, events and activities every year, here are 10 reasons you will want to plan a visit this year.
1. NEW Corn Crib – Your kids will love playing in the new giant corn crib. This giant sensory bin, is like a sandbox, only with corn.
2. During the weekend of October 14-16, don’t miss the opportunity to watch a real Alaskan Lumberjack Show at the farm. There will be ax throwing, tree carving, tree climbing, log rolling and much more. Keep an eye out for their facebook event.
3. Oink, oink! Root for your favorite pig, or even be a part of the show as a “squeal leader” during the new pig races this year. You may even win a prize if your pig wins! Located in the back forty portion, pig races will take place on Friday at 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm with an additional show at 7:00 pm on Saturdays.
4. Stop into their market for fresh apples, baked goods, caramel apples, candy, decorations, and gifts. You also won’t want to miss their delicious donuts and cider. Snack on some there, or take some home to enjoy later.
5. Visit Gull Meadow Farms on October 29th to watch a giant pumpkin be dropped from an 80-foot crane. Check their website or Facebook page for additional details as they are announced. Last year the pumpkin weighed 950 pounds. We can’t wait to see how big it will grow this year.
6. Gull Meadow Farms has a huge selection of U-pick apples. Check out all of their varieties and ripening schedule here. Wagon rides to and from the orchard are available. You can also pick a pumpkin from their U-pick patch or pre-picked patch.
7. This year, any child under 36” is FREE to get an admission wristband and join their family in all of the activities.
8. Can’t wait until the weekend to visit? Now you don’t have to. Take advantage of their new weekday hours and discount. Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm you can visit and enjoy the petting farm, slides, Pumpkin Lane mazes, duck races, photo board opportunities and rocking chair. Admission is $4.
9. Beginning just after Thanksgiving, Santa will be back at the farm. Visit him in their winter wonderland and keep an eye out for additional stories with Santa events. You can even pick up your Christmas tree while you are there.
10. From the petting zoo to tube slides, apple cannons to pumpkin train, there are opportunities for everyone in the family to have some fun. Click here to see a full list of all of the activities offered.
Gull Meadow Farms
8544 Gull Road
Richland, MI 49083
Monday – Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (petting farm, slides, Pumpkin Lane mazes and photo boards/rocking chair)
Monday – Thursday 4:00 pm to 7:00 (all activities)
Friday 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Flashlight Maze: Opening September 30th – Fridays and Saturdays 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
$4.00 Monday – Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
$8.00 Monday – Thursday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
$9.50 Friday 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Saturday/Sunday 10:00 am to Close
$24.50 Season Pass pricing
Apple picking, pumpkin picking, and apple cannons are additional.
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 8 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Enter To Win!
Enter to win four Fun Passes to Gull Meadow Farms. We told you some of our favorite reasons to visit Gull Meadow Farms, now it’s your turn to tell us. To enter to win, leave a comment in the section below about your favorite activities at Gull Meadow Farms or let us know if you’ve never been there before. Contest ends at midnight on October 6. Good luck!
*This giveaway will close on October 3 at midnight and the winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond by email accepting the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. Leaving a comment on this blog post is not a requirement of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to KZOOkids.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants will release Facebook from all liability. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to jill@KZOOkids.com containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: Gull Meadow Farms in the subject line. KZOO Kids’ liability is limited to the value of the prize.