by Jill P
It’s hard to believe that Winter Break is just a few days away! What to do to keep the kids busy over break? We’ve got you covered with a ton of ideas that your kids will love!
Have a great Winter Break and enjoy the holiday season with your family!
40 THINGS TO DO DURING WINTER BREAK
1. Check out these great camps and clinics at Branch Gymnastics. There is definitely something for everyone!
3. Attend the Character Skate featuring Santa Claus at Wings West on December 20 and skate with Santa.
4. Take the Holly Jolly Trolley around Downtown Kalamazoo. It’s free!
5.Try climbing at Climb Kalamazoo for a fun time of rock climbing.
6. See some Holiday Christmas Lights in town with your kids. Or venture off to one of the great holiday light shows that are out of town.
8. Make a road trip! See one of the Holiday Special Events that are worth the trip. Great holiday events just a gas tank away!
10. Enjoy the Sounds of the Season on December 19 with the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra and Jackie Evancho from America’s Got Talent. A great holiday concert that you won’t want to miss!
13. Take in a hockey game at the KWings Stadium. Check out their full promotional schedule here.
14. Sign the kids up for one of the Winter Break Camps in our area.
15. Make it a movie day with ABC’s 25 Days of Christmas.
16. Sign your 6-11 year old up for Code Camp at the KPL to discover programming, scripting, coding and learning how to solve problems.
17. Go on a “date night” with your significant other. See our 55 Super Fun Date Night Ideas or use one of these ideas for a family date night out.
19. Ride some of the rides at the Air Zoo and explore all of the great airplanes and spacecraft for an “out of this world” experience.
20. Attend one of the holiday crafts drop-in events on December 21 & 22 at the Kalamazoo library
21. Make a craft at Michael’s and join in on the kid’s day fun.
22. Visit Klassic Arcade in Gobles to let the kiddos play some games.
23. Head out to your favorite park to do some sledding. See our Sledding Guide for some of our KZOOkids.com reader favorites.
24. Get your kids pictures taken with Santa. See our Santa Santa Sightings Guide for a HUGE listing where you can find the Jolly Man in red this season.
25. Get into the New Year’s spirit with the New Year’s Fest in Downtown Kalamazoo.
26. Go sledding, tubing, or ice skating at Echo Valley (again, assuming we have snow).
27. Join the Parchment Library for their Lego Club or Zumba.
28. Get your ticket for Night at the Museum at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Enjoy the fun as characters from the GRPM exhibits come to life!
29. Create a work of art at the Art Bayou.
30. Make a yummy New Year’s Hat at the KPL on December 28.
31. Get day passes for a waterpark. Surfari Joe’s in Watervliet is under an hour away and offers a fun little getaway from the winter blahs.
32. Enjoy the zoo in the winter for the Zoolights at the Binder Park Zoo running December 18-23. On December 22nd, join the fun for a Disney Holiday Sing Along movie hosted by Princess Elsa.
33. Drop your kids off at one of the Parents Take-a-Break Days for either the Gifts and Glitter (December 21) or Make Some Noise (December 28) at the Air Zoo.
35. Jump, bounce, and work off that excess energy at the Kalamazoo Sky Zone. Make your reservation ahead on time on their website to ensure your kiddos jump times.
36. Join the Retro Christmas Comedy Sing-along at the Valley Family Church for a classic Christmas musical revamped with all new songs from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s
37. Find a new book for the kids and browse Bookbug for a great children’s selection of books.
38. Take the kids out for dinner and see our Kids Eat Free listing for where they can eat cheap or free.
39. Treat the girls in your family to a special day out getting a manicure or pedicure.
40. Venture out of town for an adventure at Muskegon’s Winter Sports Complex. You can luge, cross country ski, skate, sled and more!
What fun things will you be doing this Christmas Break?