by Jill P
The Easter Bunny is coming early this year! There are plenty of eggs, goodies and more to enjoy in 2016!
You’ll want to hop over to some of these fun Easter Egg Hunts and other events in town.
A special note of “thanks” to the various organizations and churches that provide these events (many of them for FREE) to our community. If you attend one of these events, please say a special thanks to the organizers or the event volunteers.
If you know of egg hunts in the area, please submit them here and we’ll add to our event calendar and to this round-up.
Please always check on dates and times and venues as things may change, especially in inclement weather.
Stay in the loop! Sign up for our E-News here.
EASTER EGG HUNTS – AROUND KALAMAZOO
Community Easter Egg Hunt at Centerpoint Church at 10:00 am, 2345 North 10th Street, Kalamazoo.
- Egg Hunt, bounce house, dance party, egg walk, games, face painting & more
- 3 years old- 5th grade
- Adult supervision required
Kalamazoo Area Runners Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt and Fun Run from 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm (Easter Egg Hunt at 3:30pm), at Portage West Middle School, 7145 Moorsbridge Rd., Portage.
- Easter Egg Hunt at 3:30 pm.
- Refreshments and door prizes provided after the run.
- Online registration closes March 18th at 12:00 pm.
- Event Day registration will be in the School Cafeteria between 2:30 and 3:15 pm.
- Bring your own basket.
- This event is free. Donations will be accepted to benefit Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes.
- Also, seeking volunteers to assist with the event. Visit website for more info.
Plainwell Community Easter Egg Hun at 10:00 am at Hicks Park in Plainwell.
- Easter Egg Hunt starts at 10:00 am.
- Live bunnies & chicks at The Calico Rabbit. Envy will be hosting coloring and crafts as well.
Easter Egg Hunt by the Mattawan Business Association starting at 10:00 am starts behind the library in Mattawan.
- Check out the Community Carnival sponsored by the Mattawan Lions Club.
- Easter Bunny will be on site for photos.
Haven and Spring Valley present “Easter Eggstravaganza 2016″ at 3:00 pm at Haven Church, 5350 North Sprinkle Road, Kalamazoo.
- Open to ages 1 year old – 5th grade accompanied by an adult.
- Easter Egg Hunt is inside this year and kids will be divided according to age.
- Door prizes, bounce houses, egg dying, face painting, child identification card, creation booth, crafts, magic show and silly song sing-a-long.
Family Fusion Easter Experience at 5:00 pm at the Lake Center Bible Church, 995 Romence Road, Portage.
- Family worship, games, and an Easter Egg Hunt.
- Complete “ticket” to the event here.
Tike Hike & Egg Hunt at 10:30 at Bow in the Clouds Preserve on Nazareth Rd., between Gull Rd. & Parchmount Ave. in Kalamazoo.
- A tike hike followed by an Egg Hunt with the help of Hike It Baby that’s suited for little ones.
- FREE. RSVP is requested, but not required.
Easter Egg Hunt 2016 at 10:00 am at Olde World Village, 13215 M-96, Augusta.
- Open to children up to 12 years old.
- Easter Bunny will also be available for picture taking.
City Of Galesburg Easter Egg Hunt at 1:00 pm at Ike Payne Park,
198 Division, Galesburg.
- For children in 4th grade and under
Easter Egg Hunt at 4:00 pm at 12th Street Baptist Church, 3911 S 12th St, Kalamazoo.
- 7000 eggs in the Easter Egg Hunt and and goodie bags, too.
- Registration for Easter Egg Hunt opens @ 3:45 pm. Easter Egg Hunt starts at 4:00 pm.
- For children ages 1 through 12 years old.
19th Annual Egg Hunt at 4:00 pm at Homer Stryker Field, 251 Mills Street, Kalamazoo.
- Sponsored by the City of Kalamazoo Parks & Recreation Department.
- Activities include an egg hunt, crafts, face painting, Jelly Bean guess jar, and a visit with the Easter Bunny!
- Age groups for the egg hunt are: 0-3, 4-6, & 7-9.
Eggstravaganza! at 10:00 am at Gracespring Bible Church, 8643 Gull Road, Richland.
- 8,000-10,000 eggs!
- Children birth through 5th grade with their parents.
- Activities include crafts, candy and a message.
Easter Egg Hunt and Mom to Mom Sale at 11:00 am at the Springfield Farmer’s Markert
503 Military St, Springfield.
- Easter Egg Hunt starts at 11:00 am and Mom to Mom sale runs 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Additional activities include the Binder Park Zoo Mobile, petting zoo, and face painting.
FURTHER AWAY, BUT WORTH THE TRIP
See listings for time, venue information, and pricing.
Easter Eggstravaganza in St. Joseph on March 26.
Underwater Egg Hunt in Holland at the Holland Aquatic Center on March 26.
Bunnyville at the Detroit Zoo is on March 25 & March 26. The two-day event features treats, games, live entertainment and zookeeper talks.
Easter Bunny Appearances
Crossroads Mall Easter Bunny Photos. Come visit our floppy-eared friend! Capture a spring memory with your child’s photo with the Easter Bunny from March 11- March 26.
Bunny Train in Coopersville. Kids of all ages will enjoy this one hour and twenty minute excursion through the Spring Time country-side. The Easter Bunny and her cast of a wacky, musical characters perform in each of our antique passenger coaches. March 12-26 on Saturdays and one Sunday.
Easter Bunny Express in Coldwater. Ride with the Easter Bunny and enjoy a egg hunt in the park. Train is pulled by Diesel Locomotive Approximately an 1 3/4 Hour Train Ride. Train is Handicap Accessible. Restrooms are on train. Pre-paid tickets highly recommended. March 25 & 26.
More Easter Related Fun
Easter Egg Coloring at Fieldstone Grill on March 26. For $9.95 children will get a basket full of eggs, plus Easter treats and goodies. Make your reservations at 269-321-8480.
Eggnificent Creation at the Kalamazoo Public Library. Various dates at numerous KPL branches. Decorate your very own holiday egg with color, glitter, jewels and more. Eggs and decorations will be provided. Best for ages 6-12.
Baby’s First Easter Celebration on March 19. Bring your baby in a cute Easter outfit and enjoy fun activities, giveaways, and more!