by Jill P
The Easter Bunny is on his way to help you celebrate the season! There are plenty of eggs, goodies and more to enjoy this year. This year, we’ve included Easter Bunny appearances and other Easter activities, too. Kids, grab a basket to fill at one of the many activities in your area. We’ve compiled a list of some of the coolest events in town.
If you know of egg hunts in the area, please submit them here and we’ll add to our event calendar and to this post.
Please always check on dates and times and venues as things may change, especially in inclement weather.
Stay in the loop! Sign up for our E-News here.
EASTER EGG HUNTS
Community Easter Egg Hunt at Centerpoint Church at 10:00 am, 2345 North 10th Street, Kalamazoo.
- For children 3 years old – 5th grade.
- Gather in the church’s worship center for a welcome and instructions, the egg hunt follows.
- Also, bounce house, balloon hats, and an Easter activity to take home.
Kalamazoo Area Runners Kids’ Easter Egg Hunt and Fun Run between 2:30 pm and 4:30pm on Saturday March 28th, 2015 at Portage West Middle School, 7145 Moorsbridge Rd., Portage.
- Refreshments and door prizes provided after the run.
- Online registration ends March 27th at 12:00 pm.
- Event Day registration will be in the School Cafeteria between 2:00 and 3:00 pm.
- Bring your own basket.
- This event is free. Donations will be accepted to benefit Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes.
Pancakes & Eggs At Pathfinder Church from 8:00 am – 11:00 am at 8740 S. Westnedge
- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser and Easter Egg Hunt
- Breakfast served from 8-11 am (donations go toward our Camp Scholarships)
- Egg Hunt at 10 am for kids through 5th grade
Easter Egg Hunt by the Mattawan Business Association starting at 10:00 am starts behind the library in Mattawan.
- Open for kids up to 12 years old and hunting fun separated by age group.
- Also, check out the Community Carnival sponsored by the Mattawan Lions Club.
- Fun and games for all ages and only .50 cents to play a game, meet McGruff the crime dog from 1-2 pm. Project KidSight will be available for free vision screening. Three raffles the day of the event.
Gracespring Bible Church Annual Easter Eggstravaganza at 10:00 am, 8643 Gull Road, Richland .
- Crafts to make, yummy treats to eat and lots and lots of eggs to gather!
Red Arrow Ministries at10:30 am, Kids Paradise Playground, 200 Liberty Street, Paw Paw.
- For Children up to 12 years old
- Find a golden ticket, get a great prize
Haven Church Easter EggStravaganza at 1:00 pm, 5350 N. Sprinkle Road, Kalamazoo.
- Haven Church and Spring Valley Church are teaming up for the annual Egg-Extravaganza that will be held at Haven Church on Saturday, April 4 1:00 PM You’ll find an Easter egg hunt, games, crafts, music and more.
The Olde World Village at 10:00 am 13215 M-96, Augusta.
- The Annual tradition at The Olde World Village, it is our way of saying thank you to our great community and our friends.
- FREE event, and the hunt is open to children up to the age of 12.
- The Easter Bunny will be on hand for pictures.
18th Annual Easter Egg Hunt by the Kalamazoo Parks & Recreation Dept. from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Homer Striker Field, 251 Mills Street, Kalamazoo.
- The annual Easter Egg Hunt is FREE for the entire family and includes activities such as: Easter Egg & Jelly Bean Hunt, Easter Egg Coloring & Decorating, Face Painting, Guess the number of Jelly Beans to win a prize, and a visit with the Easter Bunny.
Galesburg DDA at 10:00 am at Ike Payne Park, 190 Division, Galesburg.
- Annual FREE Easter Egg Hunt – Ike Payne Park – for ages 4th grade and younger. Be prompt at Egg Hunt starts right at 10:00 am. Plan to attend and join in the fun!
Henderson Castle at 10:00 am, 100 Monroe Street, Kalamazoo.
- The Easter Bunny is an old friend of the Castle and he’ll be leaving eggs with prizes including Castle Gift Certificates. One lucky boy and one lucky girl will each win a special basket. Free Event starting at 10 am Easter Sunday April 5, 2015. We invite the entire community.Children 12 and under only please. Stay for Easter Brunch at the Castle afterwords at 11am. Call 269=344-1827 for Brunch reservation.
Easter Bunny Appearances
Crossroads Mall Easter Photos. Come visit our floppy-eared friend! Capture a spring memory with your child’s photo with the Easter Bunny from March 20th – April 4th hours: Monday – Saturday from 11am – 8pm (Bunny Breaks Mon – Fri: Mon – Fri 3:00 – 3:45 pm) and Sunday from 12pm – 6pm.
Bunny Train in Coopersville. Kids of all ages will enjoy this one hour and twenty minute excursion through the Spring Time country-side. The Easter Bunny and her cast of a wacky, musical characters perform in each of our antique passenger coaches. Runs March 21, 28 & April 4. Departs on at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm and March 22 & 29 Departs at 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm.
Easter Bunny Express in Coldwater. Ride with the Easter Bunny and go Egg Hunting. Train is pulled by Diesel Locomotive Approximately an 1 3/4 Hour Train Ride. Train is Handicap Accessible. Restrooms are on train. Pre-paid tickets highly recommended. April 3 and 4.
Easter Brunch at Burdick’s. The Easter buffet will run on April 5 from from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. Adult price $26.99, Kids price 12yrs and under $12.99, Kids 2 and under are free.The Easter Bunny is only available to guests who are participating in brunch.
Other Fun Easter Related Activities
Fieldstone Grill. Easter Egg Coloring Event on Saturday, April 4 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm The cost is $9.95 for a basket of eggs to color, plus easter treats and other goodies. Dining will be a la carte. Call the restaurant at 269-321-8480 to make reservations for the event.
Easter Candy Delights. Candy making as part of the Kellogg Community Lifelong Learning program on Thursday, March 26 from 6:00 pm -9:00 pm. The cost is $39. Fill your baskets with candy you make yourself…the kids will love you and the other moms will wish they were you! Workshop fee includes all food items, recipes and tasting samples.
Art Bayou. Lots of bunnies and egg platters for kids and adults to paint. Plus, they have a BOGO coupon for studio time in the Superbook. Normal studio fees and purchase of selected item apply.
Easter/Spring Drop-In Craft at the Comstock Library on Saturday, March 28th, 10:30 am-3:30 pm, all ages. No registration is required for this free drop-in session. Choose three crafts from a variety of previously offered crafts. Quantities and styles may be limited.
Kids’ Club at Michael’s on Saturday, March 28 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Make a Pom Pom Baby Chick. Take home a completed project. Just $2 per session for 30 minutes of creative craft fun, supplies included.