by Jessica English, Organizer Kzoo Baby & Family Expo
Set for Sunday, February 26 in downtown Kalamazoo, the Expo features more than 50 exhibitors, plus a chance to let your kids explore and play. Head on over to the Radisson Plaza Hotel from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm for an afternoon filled with learning and adventure for pregnant moms and families with kids up to age 10. The expo is sponsored by KZOOkids, Arbor Financial Credit Union, The Montessori School and Birth Kalamazoo.
Follow the pre-expo giveaways and sneak peeks of expo events on the Facebook event page at: https://www.facebook.com/events/183746055320625/
Fun Stuff For The Kids
In addition to more than 50 great exhibits, there are so many fun things to do at the expo:
– Bounce House from Vertical Edge Entertainment
– Carnival Games
– Bicycle Smoothies from the Fresh Food Fairy (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
– Creative Movement and Art with Family Center for the Arts
– Visits from Whoolio the Arbor Financial Credit Union owl, Porter the Growler’s mascot and other fun characters
– Face Painting with Airway Lanes Fun Center
– Book signing by Cynthia Gabriel, author of Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds
– Visit with officers from the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety
– Changing Station Sponsored by Greater Kalamazoo Moms of Multiples
Families can also enjoy these incredible free performances:
10:30 am – Rootead Drum & Dance
11:30 pm – Paul Bauer of Small Sounds
12:30 pm – BenJammin Educational Music
1:30 pm – The Magic of Alan Kazam
2:15 pm – Princess Story Time from Once Upon A Princess, LLC
And prizes… Did we mention the prizes? We’ll have a fantastic lineup of giveaways leading up to the expo, along with dozens of great door prizes on the day of the event. We are going to have 10, yes TEN Grand Prizes worth $100 each!
A Cure For Cabin Fever
Come check out the expo, it’s a great way to shake off your cabin fever and get connected to some wonderful Southwest Michigan resources. Whether you’re just now pregnant with your first baby or whether you have little ones who need to bounce out some energy, there’s something at the expo for YOU!
About the contributor:
Jessica English is the longtime organizer of the Kzoo Baby & Family Expo. When she’s not rounding up fun stuff for the expo, her day — and night — job is as a childbirth educator, birth doula, birth doula trainer and owner of her nine-doula agency, Birth Kalamazoo.