(photo courtesy of Tara Fletcher photography)
by Jill P
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? According to the National Dairy Association, the average American consumes almost 22 pounds of ice cream per year. U.S. ice cream companies made more than 872 million gallons of ice cream in 2014. Wow-that’s a lot of ice cream!
Ice cream and summer go hand-in-hand. We’re always on the lookout for a new ice cream places to try. We’ve asked our KZOOkids.com readers and here are the top suggestions.
- Plainwell Ice Cream, Plainwell
- Let’s Swirl, Kalamazoo
- Twister’s, Parchment
- Sugar Bear, Paw Paw
- Bella Creamery, Portage
- Apple Knockers, Vicksburg
- Spirit of Kalamazoo, Downtown Kalamazoo
- Ritter’s Frozen Custard, Portage
- Red Mango, Portage
- Y’opa Frozen Yogurt, Portage
- D’Nicio’s (Parlour), Kalamazoo
- Treat Street, Kalamazoo
- Scooters Malt Shoppe, Scotts
- Station 66, Battle Creek
- Lickity Split, Augusta
Did we miss any of your favorite places to get ice cream, frozen custard or yogurt with the kiddos? If so, please let us know in the comment section below.