Still coming up short for some ideas for New Year’s Eve to do with the kids? We’ve been on the lookout for family-friendly events and activities around Kalamazoo. Hope you enjoy ringing in the New Year!
New Year’s Eve Family Fun Around Kalamazoo
New Year’s Fest
- Celebrate with New Year’s Fest in Downtown Kalamazoo from 5:00 pm to 1:00 am. Kalamazoo tradition, New Year’s Fest brings the community together for a night of fun-filled activities for the entire family. This year there will be some NYF fan-favorites, as well as new entertainers that are sure to create that extra special memory and tradition. (My son still talks about Zeemo The Magnificent from his performance at last years event).
- New Year’s Fest is not only a tradition, but it’s a night that makes bringing in the New Year enjoyable, and surely an experience you wouldn’t want to miss. Check out their website to see to full Entertainment Line Up 2014. Also, check out these fun highlights:
- Photo booth – 5:30 to 8:00 pm in the Bronson Park Tent
- Once Upon a Princess – 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. There will be 6 princesses and a prince…what could be better?
- Arts and Crafts and Face painting – in Bronson Park celebration center – 5:30 to 8:00 pm
- Lego City – an amazing city of little pieces….that are literally too cool to be true or real.
- Better than Before Banner – on Bronson Park Stage there will be a banner where you can write how you are going to make it better than before – a new way to write out a commitment to be better and to make our community better than before. The banner will be re-displayed in June at June Jubilee. Just to check and see if we are doing it better after all. This is being done by students of the Proper Movement.
- Eat in Bronson Park and our churches – priced to be affordable – there’s nothing better than eating in the chill of downtown’s Bronson Park.
- Or take the opportunity to volunteer with your kids at New Year’s Fest. See our Volunteer & Giving Opportunities With Your Kids Over Christmas Break article for details.
Holly Jolly Trolley
- Take the Holly Jolly Trolly around Downtown Kalamazoo from 5:00 pm to 1:00 am. The Holly Jolly Trolley is a wonderful way to take in the holiday decorations and lights while getting around downtown. To ride, just wait by one of the stops as shown on the map. To help you plan, it leaves Bronson Park at the top and bottom of every hour. It’s free!
New Year’s Eve Family Package at the Radisson
- Check out this great option to celebrate the New Year locally. The New Year’s Eve Family Package at the Radisson in downtown Kalamazoo will be fun for the whole family! Thanks to the Radisson for giving away one of these great New Year’s Eve Family Packages to a KZOOkids.com reader!
- Work off excess energy at Jungle Joe’s. RSVP for Jungle Joe’s New Year’s Eve Party starting from 5-8 pm. Pictures with Eli the Elephant, door prizes, midnight madness bounce, and more! $10 per child, $3 per adult. Must RSVP.
- New Year’s Eve fun at Airway Lanes in Portage. Celebrate 2015! Party from 9:30 pm-1:30 am with unlimited bowling, bumper cars, balladium, laser tag, laser maze, time freak, & video games. PLUS a late night Pizza Bar. Party favors, games, prizes, cosmic bowling & music. $25 in advance (must sign up by 12/29) or $30 at the door. Also, check out their website for family daytime party packages.
- Rollerworld has their New Year’s Eve Skate-All Night Skate & Late Skate
from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am. Party favors, a balloon drop that includes CASH and a pizza bar! This event is geared for ages 6-16.
Kalamazoo Public Library
- Catch an early movie at the KPL-Finding Nemo at the Powell Branch. The movie starts at 2:00 pm. Why not get an early start on celebrating New Year’s Eve?
- Check out a KWings for their New Year’s Eve Bash. Game starts at 8:00 pm. Ring in the New Year with your Kalamazoo Wings during the 12th Annual New Year’s Eve Bash! The K-Wings will be throwing the best family-friendly New Year’s Party this side of the Mississippi. Post game activities include public skate and dance party.
We advise that you call and confirm specifics before heading out to any event. Advance reservations are required for many of these events.