CHRISTMAS IS IN THE AIR…
Looking for a place to see Santa and get you in the mood for the holidays? We’ve prepared a listing of where you can spot Santa in and around Kalamazoo this holiday season.
Located at 6650 South Westnedge Avenue, Portage, Michigan
- Celebrate your little one’s first Christmas with a photo with Santa. This treasured photo package includes a certificate signed by Santa Claus and Rudolph and special keepsake frame. Additional pictures are included as well as all the digital files great for gifts for grandparent.
- Start a new tradition and visit Santa in your pajamas. Bring your child’s favorite stuffed animal, blanket or book and capture a magical and memorable moment, sure to be remembered for years to come.
During mall hours from 11/16/2013 – 12/24/2013 for photos and Tuesdays at 6 pm on November 19, 26 and December 3, 10, 17 for the Pajama Party
Bronson Christmas Tree Lighting
Located at 241 W. South Street (Bronson Park) in Kalamazoo
- The City of Kalamazoo will host their Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday November 29, 2013 at Bronson Park. The Ceremony begins promptly at 7:00 p.m. when Mayor Bobby Hopewell and City Commissioners; as well as, Santa & Mrs. Claus take the stage and read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Friday, November 29 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Downtown Kalamazoo’s Santa’s Workshop
Located at 157 S. Kalamazoo Mall, Kalamazoo, MI
- The Workshop features a quaint area similar to Santa’s real workshop in the North Pole. Kids can visit with Santa as long as they would like, make their own arts and crafts, and write letters to Santa, all for free. And, Santa always writes a letter back. Visit with Santa as long as you wish, and feel free to bring your own camera or video recorder, and click to your hearts content.
November 30, 11am to 4pm
Saturdays: 11am – 4pm
Sundays: 11am -4pm
Monday, December 23: 11am to 4pm and Christmas Eve: 11am – 4pm
Coopersville Santa Train
Located at 311 Danforth St., Coopersville, MI
- Ride with the FUN GUY! Everyone loves Santa and Santa loves kids. Each of our vintage passenger cars has a special seat reserved just for the Big Guy and his friends. Elves will escort the children to sit with Santa. All kids get a present, even the shy ones! Our story-telling Princess will read from the book, “The Polar Express” which was written by Grand Rapids native, Chris Van Allsburg. All of our cars are comfortably heated and each has a restroom on board.
Kids (2-12) $13.50,
Under 2 FREE
Saturday, November 30 11:00 & 1:30
Saturdays, December 7, 14 & 21 11:00, 1:00 & 3:00
Sundays, December 1, 8, 15 & 22 1:00 & 3:00
Marshall’s 49th Annual Christmas Parade
Located in Downtown Marshall, MI
- There’s good reason why residents and visitors from all over Michigan come to Marshall for this old fashioned holiday event. The parade features more than 100 entries including bands, floats, horses marching units, and of course Santa Claus to help usher in the holiday season.
Monday, December 2 at 7:00 pm the parade starts
Breakfast with Santa at Burdick’s
Come see Santa and get your picture taken with him. He’s got a list and he’s checking it twice, making sure who’s naughty and nice – Santa Claus is coming to town!
*** RESERVATIONS REQUIRED, CALL (269) 226-3155***
Adults – $13.50
Kids – $6.99
Saturday, December 7 from 9:30 to 11:30 am
Breakfast or Lunch with Santa at the Fetzer Center, WMU
Located at the 2350 Business Ct (Fetzer Center at WMU) , Kalamazoo, MI
- Enjoy a festive buffet breakfast or lunch with your family and watch the smiles on your little ones faces as they have their personal visit with Santa. Avoid the long lines at the mall and take the time that your child needs to talk with Santa. And there is never a problem with photos, you can take as many as you like!
Breakfast: Adults: $10.50
Children: $8 (3-11 yrs.; under 2 FREE)
Lunch: Adults: $13.50
Children: $8 (3-11 yrs.; under 2 FREE)
Breakfast with Santa: 8:30-10:30 am, Saturday and Sunday, December 7 and 8
(Last seating is at 10 am).
Lunch with Santa’s: 11 am–1:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday, December 7 and 8 (Last seating is at 1:30 pm).
Santa at the Air Zoo
Santa often takes a short vacation in preparation for the big day, and the Air Zoo is one of his favorite places to stop (it’s rumored his dream is to fly the SR-71)! He wants to hear what all of the GOOD boys and girls want for Christmas and he’s even willing to talk to some of the naughty ones as well, so come on down even if your only expecting coal in your stocking this year!
Saturday, December 7th, 1pm-3pm
Portage Family Tree Lighting
Located at City Centre and Celery Flats Historic Area, Portage, MI
- Bring your family to experience the spirit of the holiday season. Festivities begin at City Centre with caroling and the tree lighting ceremony.
- Join in the caroling with a stroll down Bicentennial Trail to Celery Flats where Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet the children and hear their delightful Christmas wishes at the Historic Schoolhouse. At 8 p.m. enjoy local music talent and complimentary desserts at the adjacent Hayloft Theatre. Hot Chocolate and Hot Cider will be available for $1 donation per cup. Food and clothing donations also welcome.
Saturday, December 7 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
W.K. Kellogg Manor – Mrs. Claus Tea
Located at 3700 East Gull Lake Drive, Hickory Corners, MI
- Join us for a night of family fun when Mrs. Claus takes a day out of her busy schedule to have high tea at the Manor House. The menu includes; Assorted scones with honey butter; Fresh berries with sweet cream; Monte Cristo sandwiches with cranberry sauce and New Orleans style BBQ shrimp; Champagne truffles with marinated strawberries. Reservations are required. Tea also includes program and guided tour.
Cost: $30/adult and $16/child (5-12)
Mrs. Claus’ Schedule:
Sunday, December 8 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Richland Community Library-A visit from Santa Claus!
Located at 8951 Park St, Richland, MI, Richland, MI
- Santa will read “The Night Before Christmas”, listen to your children’s lists and hand out a treat. No need to RSVP; just don’t forget your camera!
Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 10:00 am- 11:00 am in front of the fireplace
Holiday Nights at Binder Park Zoo
Located at 7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek, MI
- Experience wintry evenings at Binder Park Zoo! Stroll along lighted paths with nightly entertainment as you view some of our weather-hardy animals on exhibit enjoying the winter season. These special evenings will include unlimited FREE carousel rides, up-close animal meet and greets, special holiday activities, time with Santa and his animal friends, and story time with Mrs. Claus.
- Make your Holiday Nights visit extra special with a Dinner with Santa! Enjoy a delicious homestyle dinner and exclusive time with Santa, then stroll through Holiday Nights at the Zoo. Dinner is $15 per person and will be served promptly at 5pm. Visits with Santa begin at 5pm and dinner will be served promptly at 5:30pm and will continue until 6:30pm
$4 Binder Park Zoo Members
Children under 2 are FREE
December 20-23 & 26-30 from 5 pm to 9 pm
Time with Santa around the fireplace beginning at 6pm for Holiday Nights and 5 pm for dinner with Santa. (Note: there is an extra charge for Dinner with Santa).