Santa Claus in coming to towns…Yes, towns, parks, Christmas parades, and so much more!
We’ve prepared a HUGE listing of where you can spot Santa in and around the Kalamazoo area this holiday season. So get out there and get into the holiday spirit. Enjoy all of the fun things of the season with your family!
Located at 241 W. South Street (Bronson Park) in Kalamazoo.
- Bundle up, come on down to Bronson Park, and let’s all get into the holiday spirit together! Join Mayor Hopewell and our City Commissioners for the annual, time-honored tradition – Tree Lighting Ceremony. Santa will be on hand with two of his reindeer, Donner and Blitzen. We will also have a Food Network ice carver, crafts tent for the kids, gourmet food trucks, and hot chocolate. Plus, live entertainment. The Tree Lighting Ceremony and reading of “The Night Before Christmas,” is scheduled for 7:00 pm.
- **Please bring along a non-perishable food item to help benefit food pantires throughour our area.
Friday, November 29 from 5:00 – 9:00 pm at Bronson Park.
Located at 157 S. Kalamazoo Mall, Kalamazoo.
- Santa’s Workshop is a wonderful place where children can take their time, make their own crafts, and write letters to Santa. We’ve decorated Mall Plaza to look just like the North Pole, so bring your own camera and take all the photos you wish with Santa and his elves. It’s a free program of Downtown Kalamazoo, Inc. with support from the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation.
- Saturday, November 29 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- December 5 through December 20, Fridays from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Saturdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sundays from noon to 4:00 pm
- December 21-24, Sunday from noon to 4:00 pm, Monday-Tuesday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Wednesday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Located in downtown Three Rivers.
- On Saturday, bring the family back downtown to see the arrival of Santa Claus — escorted by the Three Rivers Fire Department — at the Riviera Theatre at Noon. Santa Claus will be available for children between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon at the Riviera Theatre. Free photos, courtesy of Three Rivers’ Walgreens, will be offered on site.
Saturday and Sunday, November 29 & November 30 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Riviera Theatre.
Located at 311 Danforth St., Coopersville.
- Ride with the FUN GUY! Everyone loves Santa and Santa loves kids. Each of our vintage passenger cars has a special seat reserved just for the Big Guy and his friends. Elves will escort the children to sit with Santa. All kids get a present, even the shy ones! Our story-telling Princess will read from the book, “The Polar Express” which was written by Grand Rapids native, Chris Van Allsburg. All of our cars are comfortably heated and each has a restroom on board.
Kids (2-12) $13.50,
Under 2 FREE
Saturdays, November 29 11:00 am & 1:30 pm
Saturdays, December 6, 13 & 20 11:00 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm
Sundays, November 30, December 7, 14 & 21 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm
Located at 8544 Gull Rd., Richland
- Santa will be at Gull Meadow Farms! Sit with him in the big rocking chair and bring your camera for pictures. No charge for pictures with Santa!
Saturday/Sunday, November 29 and 30 from 1:00-4:00 pm, Saturday, December 6th from 3:00 -6:00 pm, and Saturday/Sunday December 13 and 14 from 1:00 -4:00 pm.
Located in Downtown Marshall.
- Nothing better celebrates the holidays than a Christmas Parade! Come to historic Marshall and enjoy a parade down Michigan Ave. and the holiday light lined streets.
Monday, December 1 at 7:00 pm in downtown Marshall.
Galesburg Winter Wonderland
Located in downtown Galesburg.
- Join in the holiday fun for a parade and fireworks following the parade. Horse Drawn Carriage Rides Weather Permitting. Also, Hot Dogs, Hot Chocolate and other treats.
Wednesday, December 3 parade starts at 6:00 pm in downtown Galesburg.
Located at the Richland Library in downtown Richland.
- Area businesses stay open late,offer refreshments, entertainment and specials. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be at the Richland Community Hall with their reindeer!
Thursday, December 4 from 5:30 pm- 8:00 pm at the Richland Library in front of the fireplace.
Located in Downtown Dowagiac.
- The Dowagiac Candle-light Parade is one of the largest holiday events in southwestern Michigan. Chris Kringle returns to our Grand City for southwestern Michigan’s largest lighted Christmas parade on Friday, December 5.
Friday, December 5, beginning at 6:00 pm gather at Beckwith Park for our Tree-lighting Ceremony & Pre-parade Entertainment. At 7:00 pm, listen for the tolling bell of our Town Crier as we usher in one of Michigan’s largest holiday events.
Located at Wedel’s Nursery, Florist and Garden Center in Kalamazoo.
- Enjoy “make it and take it” workshops, Christmas food, free cookies & hot chocolate, music and more. Have you picture taken with Santa.
Friday, December 5 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Saturday, December 6 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Located at Burdick’s at the Radiosson in downtown Kalamazoo.
Come see Santa and get your picture taken with him. He’s got a list and he’s checking it twice, making sure who’s naughty and nice – Santa Claus is coming to town!
*** Reservations required. Call (269) 226-3155***
Adults – $15.99
Kids – $8.99
Saturday, December 6 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and Sunday, December 7 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Located at Bronson Park in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- This year’s Candy Cane Hunt promises to be another action-packed family event including hundreds and hundreds of candy canes, arts & crafts, live music and drawings for candy and toy-filled stockings! We’ll also have complementary hot chocolate and coffee. This is a FREE event!
Saturday, December 6 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Holiday Open House at Comstock Library
Located at the Comstock Library in Comstock.
- Enjoy holiday cookies, cider, music, candy, meet Mrs. Claus, make a children’s craft, play children’s games, and see live reindeer. The reindeer will be outside so please dress warmly. Please bring your camera as pictures with Mrs. Claus and the reindeer will be allowed.
Saturday, December 6th from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm.
Located in downtown Otsego.
- Hometown Christmas and Holiday Parade!! Plus visit with Santa, chili cook-off, chestnuts on an open fire, and MUCH more! Join us for a day of Christmas Cheer!
Saturday, December 6 at 8:00 am & 9:00 am – Santa and Breakfast, hosted by the Elks. Limited seating, reservations required. 5:30 pm & 7:30 pm– Visit with Santa! at the Otsego Fire Department.
Located at 4-H Camp Kidwell, 39000 1st Ave, Bloomingdale.
- This is a kids and family favorite! So much fun, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be here, you can enjoy all the beautiful items, make some holiday crafts and so much more. Mrs. Claus will be decorating cookies with the kids and Santa will be ready to take your Christmas list and snap a picture.
Mrs. Claus’ Schedule:
Saturday, December 6 from 10:00 am-3:00 pm
Located in Downtown Paw Paw.
- Children’s Christmas Parade 10 am December 6th, downtown. Visit Santa after the parade at DPS Building. The Kiwanis club and the Strand Movie Theater team up to offer a free movie that day.
Saturday, December 6 at 10:00 am is the start of the parade with visits to Santa at the DPS Building after the parade.
Located at VerHage Fruit Farms & Cider Mill, 8619 W Ml Ave, Kalamazoo
- We are having our Annual Holiday Open House, Santa Saturday on Saturday, December 6th. From 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. You can bring your own camera to take pictures with Santa! We will also have free lunch with santa at noon! Gourmet Sampling and Christmas Treats! And you will have a chance to try our new Holiday Favorite! Glogg! Pairing it with our famous Apple Cider!
Santa will be available 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for pictures. Also, free lunch with Santa at noon.
Located at City Centre and Celery Flats Historic Area, Portage.
- Bring your family to experience the spirit of the holiday season. Festivities begin at the City Centre with caroling and the tree lighting ceremony. Join in the caroling and a stroll down Bicentennial Trail to Celery Flats, where Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet the children and hear their Christmas wishes at the Historic Schoolhouse. Enjoy local musical talent performing traditional holiday favorites and complimentary desserts at the adjacent Hayloft Theatre. Hot chocolate and hot cider will be available for a $1 donation per cup. Food and clothing donations are also welcome. All proceeds from beverage sales and donations will support local charities this holiday season.
Saturday, December 6 from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Located at 13215 W Augusta Dr (M-96), Augusta.
- Live entertainment, wagon rides, meet with Santa, food and so much more, all in a at the Olde World Village in Augusta.
$10 for adults
Children under 12 are FREE
Saturday and Sunday, December 6 & 7 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Located at in Downtown Vicksburg.
- For over thirty years the Vicksburg Community Association has been sponsoring the annual Vicksburg Annual Parade. Step off is at 10:30 a.m.
- Everyone is welcome to participate in the parade — line up is at Vicksburg Administration Building on Kalamazoo Ave. arrive no later than 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, December 6 starting at 10:30 am is the beginning of the parade.
Located at 3700 East Gull Lake Drive, Hickory Corners.
- Join us for an afternoon of family fun when Mrs. Claus takes a day out of her busy schedule to enjoy high tea at the Manor House.
- Cost is $30/adult and $16/child (5-12). Fee includes program and guided tour. Member discount. Reservations required. (269) 671-2400.
Mrs. Claus’ Schedule:
Sunday, December 7 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Located at the Richland Library in downtown Richland.
- Santa returns for his annual visit. He’ll read “The Night Before Christmas”, listen to every child, pose for pictures and hand out a treat. No need to register just don’t forget your camera!
Saturday, December 13 from 10:00 am- 11:00 am.
Located at the Fetzer Center at WMU, Kalamazoo.
- Enjoy a festive lunch with your family and watch the smiles on your little ones faces as they have their personal visit with Santa. Take the time that your child needs to talk with Santa. There is never a problem with photos, you can take as many as you like!
Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 13 from 8:30 am-10:30 am and lunch with Santa on Sunday, December 14 from 11:00 am–1:30 pm.
Located at Historic Charlton Park, 2545 S. Charlton Park Rd, Hastings.
- Historic Charlton Park’s turn-of-the-century village is the setting for Of Christmas Past! Come out and enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes and activities of the late 1800’s. On Saturday and Sunday, December 13 & 14, from noon to 5:00 p.m., you are invited to tour the village & enjoy Christmas at Historic Charlton Park. Admission to Christmas Past is $5 for adults and $3 for children 4 to 12. There is no additional cost for crafts.
Saturday and Sunday, December 13 & 14 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Located at 7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek.
- Enjoy the Zoo decorated for the holidays! Stroll along lighted paths viewing some of our weather-hardy animals on exhibit enjoying the winter season.Then head indoors for time with Santa, stories with Grandma Claus, unlimited FREE carousel rides, up-close animal meet and greets, seasonal holiday refreshments, special activities, and more. (Wild Africa will be closed.)
$4 Binder Park Zoo Members
Children under 2 are FREE
December 18-23 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Located at 7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek.
- Register now for dinner with Santa! Enjoy a delicious homestyle dinner and exclusive time with Santa, then stroll through ZooLights. Dinner will be served promptly at 5pm. Register online or call (269) 979-1351 for more information.
December 19-23 from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm.
Located at 6650 South Westnedge Avenue, Portage, Michigan.
- Celebrate your little one’s first Christmas with a photo with Santa. This treasured photo package includes a certificate signed by Santa Claus and Rudolph and special keepsake frame.
- Start a new tradition and visit Santa in your pajamas. Bring your child’s favorite stuffed animal, blanket or book and capture a magical and memorable moment, sure to be remembered for years to come.
Price for picture packages vary. Please contact Crossroads Mall for more information.
November 8 – December 12
Monday – Saturday: Noon – 8pm
Sunday: Noon – 6pm
December 13 – Christmas Eve
Monday – Saturday: 9am – 9pm
Sunday: 11am – 6pm
We will add more Kalamazoo area Santa Sightings as more information becomes available. Let us know if we’ve missed any. You can submit to our Event Calendar here.
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
Wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season!