by Jill P
National Grandparents Day will be celebrated on Sunday, September 11, 2016. We LOVE the special role that grandparents play in our kids’ lives! They are truly special. If you’re looking for fun things to do with grandparents this Sunday, we have six “grand” ideas.
6 FUN THINGS TO DO
1. Michigan’s Adventure will be offering free park admission to guests age 60 and older in celebration of National Grandparents Day and the park’s 60th Anniversary. As part of this event, guests 60 years of age and older may bring family and friends at a discounted admission price of $25 per person. A valid photo ID must be presented at the front gate to receive the free admission. Note: WildWater Adventure will not be open.
2. Gull Meadow Farms– Grandparents may enter free to activity areas with a paid child admission.
3. Stokes Homestead Farm Market– All Grandparents will get in FREE to the Fun Yard with the purchase of a child’s admission and all Grandparents will receive a FREE donut of their choice. Yum!
4. Enjoy Grandparent’s Day at the Portage District Library. Plan for a fun afternoon of family-friendly activities with your favorite grandparent or adult. Presented in partnership with the Portage Senior Center and many other local institutions.
5. Generation Celebration is designed to get grandparents, grandchildren and the rest of the family outside moving, having fun, and learning about resources available to older adults in our community. Grab your family and come enjoy this FREE event! Start by visiting the Portage Farmers Market and then continue on down the trail towards Celery Flats to check out the rest of the activities and exhibitors.
6. Pack a picnic and enjoy one of our readers’ favorite picnic spots.
Give those grandparents an extra hug this weekend!