Fall is here! Yes, it’s time to squeeze all of the fall family fun into just a few months. There are so many great activities and events to enjoy with family and friends.
Here’s a great list of 40 activities for family fun. Enjoy the great fall season!
- Pick apples from your favorite apple orchard.
- Attend the Orange Ice hockey game on October 30 with the Kalamazoo Wings.
- Get lost in a local corn maze at Gull Meadow Farms or Harvest Moon Acres.
- Bike the Fall Color Cruise on the KRVT.
- Go on a hayride.
- Go see the Kalamazoo Civic’s production of Oklahoma or Peppa Pig at Miller Auditorium.
- Go to a fall mom to mom sale.
- Head to a great fall festival.
- Visit a local farmers market and pick up the perfect fall pumpkin and gourds for decorating your front porch.
- Take the kids on a fall color tour.
- Watch your favorite high school team play football.
- Go on a nature hike on the trails at the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
- Attend the Fall Migration event at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary.
- Buy the perfect caramel apple.
- Rake and then jump in a pile of leaves.
- Go to a community pumpkin carve at the KNC.
- Eat donuts and drink cider from a cider mill.
- Trick or Treat at the ZooBoo at Binder Park Zoo!
- Find the perfect Halloween costume at a kids consignment shop.
- Expose your kids to the joy of music by attending the Crescendo Cafe’ and Open House.
- Make a scarecrow at Leila Children’s Garden.
- Start your “thankful pumpkin”.
- Enjoy a low-key weekend breakfast out.
- Road trip? Plan to head to Cedar Point for their HalloWeekends running through October.
- Trick or treat in your neighborhood.
- Head out for fall family fun at one of our local farms.
- Take the kids the fall festivities at Wedel’s Kids Day.
- Have a S’Mores and Hot Cocoa Bonfire Backyard Party.
- Find the perfect spot to take fall photos of your family.
- Take a fall train ride.
- Squeeze one last visit to Binder Park Zoo before it closes on October 9.
- Cheer on or participate in a Fall run or walk.
- On a rainy day, head to a movie. Both the Kalamazoo 10 and Celebration Cinema have free or cheap movie options.
- Sign up for a fall art class at the KIA.
- Plan to attend the Gilmore Car Museum’s Spooktacular.
- Do your kiddos love science? Stop by Chemistry Day at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum.
- Play at a park or playground.
- Visit the petting zoo at the St. Luke’s Animal Fair.
- Make a sweet and spooky gingerbread house at the Kalamazoo Public Library. Registration required.
- Carve your family’s pumpkin and toast the pumpkin seeds.
What’s on your fall bucket list?
Pin this image for future reference.