It’s that time of year again – holiday time – and often with it comes added stress from trying to get everything done with all of the activities, meal preparation, family visits, shopping….the list goes on! Childhood holiday memories stay with us our whole lives.
So as parents, we want to be sure our children remember happy times, not ones filled with holiday stress. We’ve got a few tips for you to make it a healthy and happy time.
Tips For a No Stress Holiday
- Modify your expectations – learn to say “NO” – it’s ok to turn down requests if you’re overcommitted.
- Lists, Lists, and more Lists! Sit down with your calendar and make a list of big upcoming events for both work and home. Then tag each entry with a ‘things to do’ list, along with a due date so you can keep track of deadlines.
- Last, but not least, schedule some “ME” time. Sara Arundel, owner of FACES Skin Care & Massage in Texas Corners, has a couple quick tips on how to keep stress to a minimum:
- Meditate. It can be done throughout the day and it’s as simple as sitting still, closing your eyes and breathing. Deep breathing slows the heart rate and will help you focus in order to clear your mind.
- Allow time to decompress at the end of the day. Put a heat wrap around your neck & shoulders, soak your feet in Epsom salts or unwind with a warm cup of tea. Taking just 10 minutes of quiet time to reflect and recharge will help you to stay centered and calm in times of high stress!
More Information About Spa
Treatments at FACES Skin Care & Massage are centered on caring for you; mind, body & soul. FACES Skin Care & Massage offers a variety of customized skin care and body care treatments using an all organic skin care line, Eminence Organic Skin Care.
Massage treatments rage from a 5 minute chair massage to a 90 minute table massage, allowing you to choose the level of pain relief or relaxation. A complimentary foot soak before your session will help melt the stress away! A personal favorite massage treatment for reducing stress and clearing the mind is the Thai Poultice Massage. A handmade Thai-poultice ball is filled with herbs and spice and heated for compressions throughout the massage. This 90 minute treatment Ahh-maz-ing!
To Enter This Giveaway
FACES is giving away this amazing 90-minute Thai Poultice Massage (Value $120). To enter, post a comment on how you manage to keep stress out at the holiday time.
This giveaway will close on December 17 at midnight and the winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond by email accepting the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. Leaving a comment on this blog post is not a requirement of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to KZOOkids.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants will release Facebook from all liability. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to jill@KZOOkids.com containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: No Stress Holiday in the subject line. KZOO Kids’ liability is limited to the value of the prize.