by Jill P
There is a lot to do in Kalamazoo! With the holiday season fast approaching, there are plenty of events to get you in the holiday spirit. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, December 6 from from 5-9 pm in Downtown Kalamazoo
- This is one of the biggest of the year with over 70 locations in and around downtown featuring local artists. It’s free! Art Hop is something that you can do alone, with friends or with family that’s fun, interactive, & a great way to explore our downtown. Art Hop is a free program of the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo.
Friday, December 6 from 3-7 pm and Saturday, December 8 from 9 am-3 pm at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts in Downtown Kalamazoo
The Holiday Art Sale is a can’t-miss, 40-year KIA tradition. Just in time for the gift-giving season, it celebrates the creativity of more than 150 artists who teach or take classes at the Kirk Newman Art School. Dozens of examples of their work – ranging from glass ornaments to metal sculpture – fill numerous walls, tables, bins, racks, and stands that transform the KIA into a bustling marketplace. Festivities kick off with a merry members’ appreciation night that features live music, wine, soft drinks and holiday decor.
Saturday, December 7 at 12 pm at Bronson Park in Downtown Kalamazoo
- Bring the family downtown and be part of the festive atmosphere as your children hunt for delightful tasty candy canes and participate in a drawing for prizes that are stuffed into holiday stockings! Candy Cane Hunt is a free event presented by the City of Kalamazoo.
Saturday, December 7 at 2 pm & 7 pm and Sunday, December 8 at 2 pm at the Chenery Auditorium in Kalamazoo
- A delightfully entertaining introduction to symphonic music for children ages 4-12, the KSO’s Family Discovery Series at Chenery Auditorium engages children (and adults!) with great music and interactive drama. The concert lasts about one hour, but come early for the pre-concert activities!
Saturday, December 7 at 7 pm at City Centre and Celery Flats Historic Area
- Bring your family to experience the spirit of the holiday season. Festivities begin at City Centre with caroling and the tree lighting ceremony. Join in the caroling with a stroll down Bicentennial Trail to Celery Flats where Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet the children and hear their delightful Christmas wishes at the Historic Schoolhouse. At 8 p.m. enjoy local music talent and complimentary desserts at the adjacent Hayloft Theatre.
Saturday, December 7 from 9 am to 4pm and Sunday, December 8 from 10 am to 4 pm at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo
- The “Christmas at Wings,” arts and craft show which is one of the largest in Southwest Michigan, along with the largest attendance. Find those “one of a kind” items and mark off your Christmas shopping checklist.
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
Please let us know if you have an event to add by submitting it to our calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?