by Jill P
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, but there are plenty of family friendly activities to do this weekend! Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, February 14 from 6 pm – 8 pm at the Millennium Park in Portage.
- New this year…private skate and dinner on the ice! Bring your spouse and/or kids for this unique Valentine experience. Start the evening dining on the ice with a meal catered by a server on skates. Following dinner, the rink will be reserved only for those registered for this event and re-opens to the public at 7 p.m. Feel free to skate all evening as there will be many fun prizes to give away.Fee: $12 per person; pre-registration at the rink is required by February 12.
Saturday, February 15 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Create your own inventions and celebrate those made by Michigan inventors.
Saturday, February 15 from 10:00 am – 11:30 am at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Fee: $2/child (in addition to regular admission) Explore the nature with your child through interactive nature stations that encourage learning and discovery, including time outside (weather permitting). No registration required- just drop in! For children 5 and younger accompanied by an adult.Public Programs Admission: Members: Free Adults: $7, Seniors: $6, Children & Students (4-17) $4, Children 3 & Under: Free Location: All programs begin in the Interpretive Center unless otherwise noted. Programs are 1 hour in length, unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, February 15 from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm at the Portage District Library in Portage.
- Your child will participate in 3 thirty-minute sessions of interactive and creative fun, inspired by the book The Kissing Hand! This event is for kids in preschool up to 5th grade. Parents of preschoolers are encouraged to stay with their child.Sign up begins February 1st.
Saturdays from 10:00 am – 8:00 pm and Sundays from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Echo Valley in Kalamazoo.
- Our tubing hill is now heightened and expanded for a longer, more exciting ride! We have also increased our supply of covered tubes in two (2) sizes to ensure an exciting ride in all snow conditions.For tobogganing, an all-season sledding surface known as Everslide, which provides for a great sledding experience in all weather conditions, has been installed on each toboggan run. At the end of the run their staff returns the toboggans to the starting platform via our overhead lift. Call the information line at 269-349-3291 for pricing and information.
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?