by Jill P
There are some fun things going on around Kalamazoo this weekend. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, February 21 through Sunday, February 23 at Timber Ridge in Gobles.
- An all – area weekend of Fun for the all ages featuring:
Penguin Slide, Cardboard Classic, Dummy Downhill, Family Snow-Sculpting, & Party on the Deck with music in the Snowshoe!
Saturday, February 22 from 11:15 am – 11:45 am at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts in Kalamazoo.
- Join us for storytelling by Denise McDonald, geared to children ages 4 – 8 years old. Come in while Mom, Dad or older siblings are in class, or just for the fun of it.
Saturday, February 22 at 1 pm or 4 pm at the Miller Auditorium in Kalamazoo.
- Mickey Mouse and friends rock the world with the stars from The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story in their new touring show Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival. Disney hits are remixed to the hottest sounds of today featuring hip hop, pop, swing, reggae, rock, country and much more!
Saturday, February 22 from 1 pm to 2 pm at the Kalamazoo Central Library in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Celebrate the Year of the Horse with a three-part act by Kalamazoo’s Lion Dance Troupe! First, see a 30-foot dragon weave a sinuous Dragon Dance.Then audience members will participate in telling a traditional Chinese folk tale. In the final act, five colorful lions display their skills in an amazing Lion Dance. Fun for the whole family. Free Ticket Required. Space limited; tickets required. Pick up FREE ticket at host location starting one week before event; one ticket per person.
Saturday, February 22 from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Spring Valley Park in Kalamazoo Township.
- Join our Parks Manager, Mark Polega, for a nature hike through Spring Valley Park! Snowshoes are optional, but it is free to try them out. Snowshoes will be provided by Lee’s Adventure Sports. Park by the water tower and walk down the hill, you will see our tent. snowshoe fitting begins at 1:30 and hike begins at 2 p.m.
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?