by Jill P
There are some fun things going on around Kalamazoo this weekend. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, February 7 from 5 pm- 9 pm in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- A free event held on the first Friday of every month, Art Hop is an evening of art exhibits and events; one of the great things to do in Kalamazoo. It’s fun, interactive and a great way to explore downtown that you can do alone, with friends or family, and you don’t have to be “artist” to enjoy it!
Saturday, February 8 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Barnes and Noble in Portage.
- Please join us for Valentine’s Day Storytime featuring Love Monster. There will be stories, activities and Valentine’s treats. Please sign up with Barnes and Noble.
Saturday, February 8 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Schrier Park in Portage.
- Join Kalamazoo Nature Center’s Lead Interpretive Naturalist, Dan Keto, on this winter nature adventure! Learn some animal track identification tips while making your own tracks in the snow. Explore the winter woods and observe the plants and animals that tough out the season’s colder temperatures. Nature hike will occur regardless of snow, hiking boots also welcome! New to snowshoeing? Let Lee’s Adventure Sports outfit you with a demo pair right on site. Available on a first come, first serve basis.
Saturday, February 8 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am at the Bookbug in Kalamazoo.
- Join renowned illustrator C. F. Payne for a free ALL AGE/SKILL LEVEL drawing workshop celebrating the process used to create many of his much-loved picture books, including The Remarkable Farkle McBride (to be performed by Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra on February 9th), Mousetronaut, Casey at Bat and To Dare Mighty Things: The Life of Theodore Roosevelt. Don’t miss your chance to meet this incredible artist and participate in this free event. Please RSVP here and/or by contacting us 385-2847.
Sunday, February 9 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Radisson in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Free Baby & Family Expo this Sunday in Downtown Kalamazoo! Perfect for pregnancy – age 10. Exhibits, bounce castle, music, magic, princesses, door prizes, connections and FUN! Come relieve your cabin fever at the expo. See you there!
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?