by Jill P
Happy Spring Break! Hope you’ve enjoyed your Spring Break week so far. There’s some fun things happening around Kalamazoo this weekend. For this weekend, try one of these events…
FOR THIS WEEKEND
Friday, April 10 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at various locations in Kalamazoo. See full brochure here.
- A free event held on the first Friday of every month, Art Hop is an evening of art exhibits and events; one of the great things to do in Kalamazoo. It’s fun, interactive and a great way to explore downtown that you can do alone, with friends or family, and you don’t have to be “artist” to enjoy it!
Friday, April 10 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Over 20 years ago, Paul Kyprie started Zeemo Productions to develop a variety of shows, which he has been performing ever since throughout Michigan and Ohio. He uses several stage names for the shows, including Zeemo The Magnificent, Yo-Master Zeemo, Dr. Zeemo, and Zeemo The Yo-Yo Man. He will be demonstrating a wide variety of yo-yos and spinning tops, including some high-tech modern era toys. FREE.
Saturday, April 11 from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm at the Light Fine Arts Center in Kalamazoo.
- Winners of the Bach Festival’s annual Young Vocalist Competition perform in this special award recital. This concert features the most promising young vocalists from the four-state region in both high school and college divisions. Meet the vocalists at a light reception following the concert. FREE.
Sunday, April 12 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Hickory Corners.
- Come join the Sanctuary staff and see our resident Red-tailed Hawk and Great Horned Owl up close! Both birds have permanent injuries and live at the Sanctuary as ambassadors of their species. Using falconry techniques, the birds have been trained to appear before groups calmly. Lean about raptor characteristics that make them unique, hunting and flying machines.
- Cost is $7/adult, $6/senior or college student w/ID, $5 ages 2-17. Member discount.
Spring movies still continue this weekend!
Flick’s Family Film Fest at Celebration Cinema Is playing Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb this weekend. Flick’s Family Film Festival returns February 27th through April 23rd with eight family-friendly titles! For each film, all regularly scheduled showtimes are free for kids 12-and-under and just $5 for adults.
Free Spring Movies at Kalamazoo 10 is playing How to Train Your Dragon 2. Every Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. see a select movie for FREE! All ages are welcome and free of admission. ***PLAYING AT ALL GOODRICH QUALITY THEATER.
Check Our Event Calendar
You’ll want to check out our Event Calendar for more events happening this weekend, too. There’s Art Detectives at the KIA, Stargazing with the Kalamazoo Astronomical Society at the Kalamazoo Nature Center. and Character Skating featuring Rapunzel at Wings West that all look like a lot of fun!
Wrapping Up Spring Break
Making plans for the last few days of Spring Break? Check out our Spring Break Idea Central for links to all of our Spring Break articles.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?