by Jill P
SUMMER FUN PLANNING
Happy mid-August. It’s seems like we’re in the home stretch of summer and we have ideas to keep you busy until the kids go back to school.
This week we published our Nine Boredom Busters for August – Ideas To Keep The Kids Busy. I love these ideas since these are FREE and you can do these yet in August. Some great experiences and activities for the kids.
And, we’re wrapping up our Michigan Road Trip series with The Last Hurrah Of Summer – Where To Go For A Great Day (or Overnight) Trip. These are great Pure Michigan trips where you can take with your family for a quick getaway. I love all of the places that you can go within a few hours of Kalamazoo. Our beach towns rule!
Plus, you’ll want to check out the last few days of the Kalamazoo County Fair. See our 7 Reasons To Love The 2015 Kalamazoo County Fair. Animal Adventure Day is Friday and Brick Building Day is Saturday. Plus, 4-H animals, carnival rides, grandstand entertainment, and more make this a great family event to attend. Prices are just $6 for adults, $2 for kids 6-12 years old, and kids 5 and under are FREE.
Sign up for our E-News! We have some great summer articles scheduled that you won’t want to miss. To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
Saturday, August 15 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Flesher Field in Kalamazoo.
- Oshtemo Fun Day will be held rain or shine. Free admission & parking. Pancake breakfast 8:00 am -11:00 am, food court 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Activities for children, vendor booths, music entertainment, Oshtemo Fire Department bucket rides, ambulances, police, mascots, and much more! A community and family event for all. This is a great event drawing over 5,000 people from near and far.
Saturday, August 15 form 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Bronson Park in Kalamazoo.
- For reaching this grand milestone we will be hosting a FREE community-wide event. Everyone is welcomed. The anniversary celebrations free and will include:- Free Food and Beverages
– Local Entertainment
– College and University Information Tables
– Returning Kalamazoo Promise Alumni, Class Photos and Spirit Wear
– Children’s Fun Zone – Fun for All Ages
-Stuff the Bus with School Supplies (bring a school supply donation of any size or amount)
– Business and Skilled Trades Expo (learn about career and job opportunities)
– Free Give-Always and much, much more
Saturday, August 15 from 1:00 to 3:30 pm at the Portage District Library in Portage.
- The afternoon will feature local musicians, interactive arts and crafts for all ages, and an ice cream social to sweeten the day. Art Encounters is a joint venture with the Portage Senior Center, and the Portage District Library. Free.
Saturday, August 15 at the Mayors’ Riverfront Park in Kalamazoo.
- Sponsored by the Kalamazoo County Parks & Recreation Department. Grab the family and a chair or blanket and join us under the stars for the FREE “Movies in the Park” series. Family-friendly activities and games will begin around 7:30 pm and will continue until the movie begins at sunset. Popcorn and snacks will be available for purchase.
Plus, you’ll want to check out our Event Calendar for more info on the following:
Kalamazoo County Fair-(see our mention above for this weekend’s planned events).
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?