by Jill P
Stay In The Loop
It’s been quite a summer for us and we hope you enjoyed all of our great summer related articles. Now we’re switching gears to fall. Fall is one of our favorite seasons here in SW Michigan. We love all of the great family-friendly activities and events.
Make sure that you join our “Fall Events & Family Fun” Facebook page. We’ll keep you in loop on fun things happening all over SW Michigan this fall.
Sign up for our E-News! To sign-up, click here.
What We Published This Week
Impression 5 Science Center is a definitely on our “to do” list. Check out our review to find out why you’ll want to take the kiddos soon to this kid-friendly museum in Lansing.
Fall Sports Options and Leagues For Kids will give you ideas on where you can sign up the kids for fall sports. Some great options to keep the kids busy during the fall season.
Our 4 Easy Hikes For The Beginner Hiker That Your Kids Will Love has some super local places to take your kiddos for a hike. These are perfect ideas for a late summer or early fall outing.
Happy Birthday to Us! We’re two years old this month and we’d like to thank you for growing with us. We have ideas on how to stay connected and we want your feedback on what you like about KZOOkids.com and what you’d like to see more of. Plus, you have a chance to WIN a $50 Target gift card just for letting us know. Pretty cool!
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
August 28-30 in downtown Hastings.
- This event features arts & crafts vendors on the courthouse lawn, concessions, free trolley rides, children’s activities, a softball tournament, 3-on-3 basketball, 10K/5K run, 3-on-3 soccer, roller hockey tournament, weight lifting contest, parade, car show, soapbox derby, live entertainment and a refreshment tent.
August 27-29 at Mayor’s Riverfront Park in Kalamazoo.
- Join the fun in celebrating the 20th anniversary of Island Fest. Music, food, and fun.
Saturday, August 29 at Kindleberger Park in Parchement. Movie starts at dusk.
- Join the fun for this FREE movie in the park.
(photo courtesy of Gilmore Car Museum)
Sunday, August 30 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners.
- Come spend the day enjoying antique & modern emergency vehicles on display on the Gilmore Car Museum’s beautiful 90-acre Historic Campus, including fire engines, ambulances, police cars, specialized units, as well as static and working displays!
- General Admission: $12.00 per person – children 11 & under are FREE
Includes all museum exhibits at no extra charge.
Sunday, August 30 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Dig in to the giant mud pit, have a blast in the Nature’s Playground, zoom down the giant slip ‘n slide, enjoy some cool ice cream and fun learning stations! Soar through the trees like a bird by giving the zip line a try.
- Normal admission fees to the KNC apply and guest passes not valid for special events. Additional fee required for Zip Line (must be 4th grade and up).
MORE EVENTS TO CHECK OUT
There’s so much to do this weekend that we want you to also check out these events:
- Back 2 School Bash & Fish Fry
- Nature Art Fair
- Moon and Stars Viewing at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute
- Art Walk at Pilgrim Haven Natural Area
- Outdoor Summer Concerts at Kindleberger Park
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?