by Jill P
Happy Holidays! Christmas is right around the corner. Plus, we’re into full Christmas Break planning mode. Here are some of our posts from this week that will give you ideas for your kids’ Christmas Break:
We’ll be coming out with our New Year’s Eve events and activities listing next week. So, stay tuned for more info coming your way!
Plus, some fun events for this weekend that we’d like to highlight. For this weekend consider…
Runs December 18 through December 23 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
- Binder Park Zoo is a great place to create holiday memories and traditions. Join us for ZooLights December 18-23 from 5pm–8pm every night. The cost of attendance is $4 for Members and $5 for Non-members. Children under 2 years of age get in FREE!
- Enjoy the Zoo decorated for the holidays! Stroll along lighted paths viewing some of our weather-hardy animals on exhibit enjoying the winter season.Then head indoors for time with Santa, stories with Grandma Claus, unlimited FREE carousel rides, up-close animal meet and greets, seasonal holiday refreshments, special activities, and more. (Wild Africa will be closed.)
Saturday and Sunday, December 20 & 21 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Reindeer Ranch in Kalamazoo.
- Come see and pet the reindeer!! Free Hot Chocolate and cookies. Donations excepted. We also hear that Santa may be dropping by.
Friday, December 19 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 at Public Media Channel Charter 187 or AT&T 99.
- While not a traditional get out of the house event, we’ve added this since we thought it was super cute and timely. On Friday, December 19th at 7pm, have a direct line to Santa in the North Pole! Call (269) 343-2220 that night to talk to him. You can watch this program LIVE on Charter 187 or AT&T 99 starting at 7pm. You even get to see him at home!
- Be sure to tag parents and grandparents so everyone can join in on the fun! We will be posting this on our website, so even kids out of the region can talk to him, and watch later.
Sunday, December 21 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Take some time to soak in the beauty of the winter woods! Along the way, learn about snow, look for signs of animal activity, and discuss how animals survive winter in Michigan.
There’s plenty of opportunities to pick up something local if you’re planning on shopping. We love our local businesses and thank them for their support!
OTHER FUN IDEAS
There are a ton of places to see St. Nick this time of year and many of them are free. Our Santa Sightings Guide has fun ideas on where to go.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?