by Jill P
Happy New Year! We’ve made it through most of Christmas Break and there’s just a few days left before the kiddos go back to school. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Did you see our 10 Fun Indoor Places To Play When You Want To Get Out Of Town that we published earlier this week? These are fun ideas of places to go that area within an hour or one and a half hour drive from Kalamazoo.
Kalamazoo Valley Museum
Friday, January 2 at the Kalamazoo Valley Musuems. Times vary based upon events. See our Event Calendar for more details.
- Check out one of the movies in the planetarium- SpacePark 360 at the KVM or The Little Star that Could. The Challenger Experience at the KVM and Voyage to Mars Mini Mission at the KVM are also fun experiences in the Challenger Space Learning Center.
Friday, January 2 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Kingdom Soccer in Portage.
- Looking to get your kiddos moving? Check out the drop-in soccer at Kingdom Sports for just $5.
Saturday, January 3 from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm at the Kalamazoo Public Library, Central Location.
- Take your family to the library the first Saturday of every month! Enjoy stories, activities, guests, and door prizes! The host for January is Parents for Public Schools.
Friday, Saturday, January 2 & 3 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm & Sunday, January 4 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Drop in at the Visitor Center at KNC between 10am – 4pm between December 26 and January 4 (1 – 4 pm on Sundays) for different programs and activities each day! A Naturalist will be on hand to encourage exploration and assist with the fun. A children’s program will take place each day at 11 am and a program for all ages at 2 pm. Visit www.NatureCenter.org for details!
- Fees: Unless otherwise noted, programs are Free to Members and included with regular KNC admission to Non-members.
OTHER FUN IDEAS
See our Ice Skating Lessons & Open Skate Guide for ideas of where to go ice skating with the kiddos.
We want to thank our KZOOkids.com readers, sponsors, and Kalamazoo community for a great 2014! See our recent post here to see how to stay connected in 2015.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?