by Jill P
SUMMER FUN PLANNING
We are in the full swing of summer fun! We’re working on ideas to help you maximize your summer. Did you see our 8 Adventures To Try In Michigan This Summer? These are fun things to do with your kiddos all over West and Southwest Michigan.
This week we published the next installment of our Michigan Road Trip Series-Michigan Road Trips- South Haven. We have some ideas on places to play, eat, and discover.
Our readers have been asking about places to take the kiddos for a mani/pedi. Our 7 Spots To Take Your Child For A Mani/Pedi In The Kalamazoo Area has ideas where you can go to polish up those tootsies.
Sign up for our E-News! We have some great summer articles scheduled that you won’t want to miss. To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
This weekend are the final performances at the Comstock Auditorium in Comstock. Click on the link above for full schedule and ticket prices.
- Everyone’s favorite practically perfect nanny takes the stage in this supercalifragilisticexpialidocious musical adventure! Center Stage Theatre’s multi-age cast is proud to present Mary Poppins, one of the most popular Disney movies of all time, presented in a whole new way. The show is based on the books by P.L. Travers and the classic Walt Disney film. Ticket prices are $12 for adults and $10 for children and seniors.
July 23-25 at the Arcadia Festival site in Kalamazoo.
- Head downtown Kalamazoo to enjoy the endless variety of foods prepared by Kalamazoo’s most popular eateries, celebrating local food and brews from around Kalamazoo. Cuisine from over 30 restaurants will be available, offering mouth-watering combinations of ethnic items, family favorites, exotic dishes, and local specialties. Free before 4 pm; $10 after 4 pm.
Saturday, July 25 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Eliason Nature Reserve in Portage.
- Grab your trail maps! New opportunities will open up for the Eliason Nature Reserve in Portage as it is set to host Hike to a Concert with Blake Whyte Music. Hike options begin at 3:00 pm and the concert begins at 4:00 pm. Experience the coalescence of music and nature in this unique immersion of mind, body and spirit for an overall wellness experience.
- Enjoy either a 20-minute or 40-minute trek through the serene and natural environment of Portage’s own 120 acre Eliason Nature Reserve. When you arrive you’ll be treated to a musical journey with Blake Whyte and his five piece band for this FREE, 60-minute concert.
Sunday, July 26 at 4:00 pm at Bronson Park in Kalamazoo.
- One of Kalamazoo’s long standing traditions and is offered each Sunday through June, July and August, area musicians from Kalamazoo and the surrounding region perform in an outdoor setting in Bronson Park. Providing the nostalgia of an outdoor music event, the diversity of performers and selections delivers a unique offering unlike other concert series in Kalamazoo. FREE.
- This week’s performance is Toppermost. Toppermost performs and authentic Beatles Concert which is comprised of a concert and an act. So, if you’re a Beatles fan, you’ll want to head downtown and to check out this concert in the park.
More Musical Events
It seems like this weekend is the weekend for music around SW Michigan. You can check out Leilapalooza in Battle Creek, Small Sounds Concert at the KPL or Steve Barber Music at the Old Dog Tavern (perfect for the younger kiddos), and the Outdoor Summer Concerts at Kindleberger Park.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?