by Jill P
SUMMER FUN PLANNING
Happy 4th of July! This is a HUGE weekend for parades and fireworks all around SW Michigan. Check out our 4th of July Fireworks, Parades, and Fun! article that we published on Monday. There are so many fun options for families to celebrate Independence Day.
We love all of the great things that are to do in Michigan during the summer. This week, we published Michigan Road Trips- Ludington and got some great feedback from our readers and the Ludington Visitor’s Bureau on our ideas. Check it out if you’re heading up North this summer.
We also published our review of Lewis Farm Market which is the perfect place to stop on your summer travels if you’re heading up North this summer. We love this hidden gem and your kiddos will love it, too!
And, we have a super list of FREE or Cheap Events You Won’t Want To Miss In July! These are some of the events that we look forward to every year and some are new events that we’ve just discovered.
Sign up for our E-News! We have some great summer articles scheduled that you won’t want to miss. To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
July 1-5 at the W.K. Kellogg Airport in Battle Creek.
- The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival continues to keep Battle Creek in the lime light for being one of the top air shows in the country. The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show is only one (1) of 19 shows throughout the United States to receive the U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor Demonstration!
- You’ll find an awesome schedule for the even and definitely something that the whole family can enjoy! Some of the new additions this year include Milt Wilcox (former Detroit Tigers Pitcher) with the Ultimate Dock Dogs and the BC Speed Fest ½ Mile Head to Head Race! Plus, you’ll find an opportunity to enjoy the events that take place each year including the 50 Hot-Air Balloons, Skerbeck Carnival, Balloon Illumes, Night Air Show with Pyro, Fireworks…..and the list goes on! Bonus, check for their online coupon for $2 off admission on July 3 & 4.
Home games July 3-6 at Homer Striker Field in Kalamazoo.
- Friday, July 3 is MLB All-Star and former Northwoods League alum Chris Sale bobblehead giveaway night presented by Edward Rose & Sons.
- Saturday, July 4 is the Growlers highly anticipated Red, White & BOOM Night presented by the Kalamazoo-Battle Creek International Airport. The night will feature the Inflatamaniacs entertainment act and special patriotic jerseys that include an in-game silent auction. All proceeds of the auction will go towards the repairs and damages associate with the flood.
- Sunday, July 5 is another Family day at the Park with “Archaeology Night” presented by the Kalamazoo Valley Museum where kids can dig on the infield following the game for prizes.
(photo courtesy of Historic Charlton Park)
July 4 from 11:30 am –4:00 pm at Historic Charlton Park in Hastings.
- Looking for some old-fashioned fun on the 4th of July? Check out this FREE event in Hastings about 1 hour from Kalamazoo.
- Some of the activities include: Flag Raising Ceremony and salute to Veterans, a complete Pork Bar-B-Que Buffet ($8 for adults and $5 for children), old-fashioned games, races, contests, pie judging and pie auction!
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?
Have a great Independence Day Weekend!