by Jill P
SUMMER FUN PLANNING
We continue to give you a ton of ideas to help you plan your summer. This week we published our 9 Toddler Friendly Parks article. We got some great feedback from our readers that they have ventured out to try one of these parks and had a great time. Check out the list and try a new park today!
Our Guide to Kalamazoo Outdoor Summer Concerts & Movies is another article that we published this week. We LOVE all of the great options that we have in the greater Kalamazoo area.
This weekend is Father’s Day weekend. We want to wish all of the great dads in our community a Happy Father’s Day! We have a few ideas of Father’s Day Freebies and other things to do with dad on Sunday.
Sign up for our E-News! We have some great summer articles scheduled that you won’t want to miss. To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
June 18-21 in South Haven.
- A celebration of Southwestern Michigan’s unique maritime history with FREE live music all weekend. The festival also includes: Dragon Boat Racing, Craft and Food Fair, a Pancake Breakfast, Kids Activities, and a Beer Garden.
(photo courtesy of Binder Park Zoo)
Saturday, June 20 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Binder Creek Zoo in Battle Creek.
- Bring the entire family out for a day full of fun activities focused on healthy and active lifestyles for kids. A great feature to FUNfari is the Lemur Lap Kids Fun Run. This non-competitive run is a great way to get kids excited about staying active. The Lemur Lap is for kids ages 2 to 10 and begins at 8:15 am. Kids FUNfari will be held inside the Zoo from 9:00am to 2:00pm and is included in general admission. Those interested in the Lemur Lap Fun Run can pre-register online at www.binderparkzoo.org.
- Booths and activities are held inside the Zoo and are included in admission. While supplies last, all children ages 2-10 entering the Zoo will receive a reusable goodie bag.
Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 from 10:00 am-5:00 pm at Fat Blossom Farm in Allegan.
- Join the fun for a weekend of creation and exploration! You’ll find fairy houses, hobbit habitats, and gnome homes. (One of our readers did this last year and loved it!)
Saturday, June 20 from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm at the Alamo Drafthouse in Kalamazoo.
- Join the fun for a party for the whole family to celebrate the opening of Pixar’s new film INSIDE OUT (2D). They’ll have activities in the theater that takes us through adventures in memory, imagination and lots of joy! Themed food specials will also be available for purchase (hint: you may experience a brain freeze at some point). The Alamo Drafthouse always does a great job with their special movie parties.
Plus, there’s a ton of fun things that are happening around town this weekend. Some of these include the following: the wrap-up of the Parade of Homes in Kalamazoo, Mary Poppins at the Barn Theatre in Augusta, the Hidden Kalamazoo Tour (best for older kids or adults), and the Concerts in the Park in Kalamazoo.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?
Have a great June weekend!