by Jill P
Spring is definitely around the corner! You can tell by warmer weather and all of the melting snow that we’d had this week. This is going to be a super fun weekend in the Kalamazoo area. There are a ton of family friendly and fun things to do. So get out there and enjoy!
For this weekend, try one of these events…
FOR THIS WEEKEND
Saturday, March 14 at 11:00 am in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Join us for our 15th annual St. Patrick’s parade on March 14th, 2015. The parade steps off at 11:00 a.m. on the Burdick St. Mall, at Michigan Ave. in beautiful downtown Kalamazoo. The parade goes on, rain, snow or sun.
Saturday, March 14 at 11:00 am at Bronson Gilmore Center for Health Education in Kalamazoo presented by Fontana Chamber Arts.
- Crybaby Concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give children under the age of five and their family a performance of beautiful music in an open & flexible environment. The featured performance is An Dro! (Use the Jasper Street ramp – parking is free). Allow a little extra time to arrive, as there will be traffic downtown – the St. Patrick’s Day parade kicks off at 11 am.
Spring movies still continue this weekend!
Flick’s Family Film Fest at Celebration Cinema Is playing The Box Trolls this weekend. Flick’s Family Film Festival returns February 27th through April 23rd with eight family-friendly titles! For each film, all regularly scheduled showtimes are free for kids 12-and-under and just $5 for adults.
Free Spring Movies at Kalamazoo 10 is playing Echo. Every Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. see a select movie for FREE! All ages are welcome and free of admission. ***PLAYING AT ALL GOODRICH QUALITY THEATERS.
Saturday & Sunday, March 14 & March 15 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Join us for the 50th Annual Maple Sugar Festival. Start your day with delicious pancakes smothered in real Michigan maple syrup! Go back in time as you walk along a wooded trail with a Naturalist for a historical maple sugar tour. Experience our amazing Birds of Prey up close! The whole family will enjoy the sweet experience.
- Don’t miss a visit to the DeLano Homestead during the festival to experience maple sugaring and life in the 1800s. Horse-drawn wagon rides and demonstrations by blacksmiths, spinners and fiber artists will round out the activities.
- You’ll want to see the full listing of the days activities to schedule your day!
OTHER FUN IDEAS
Did you see our Spring Theatre Performances & Shows You Don’t Want To Miss article? There are several fun shows that are kicking off this weekend.
There’s quite a few Mom to Mom sales happening this weekend. Check out our Spring Mom to Mom Sale Round-up for more information.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?