by Jill P
Yeah for fall! I have to say that fall is one of our favorite times of the year. Lots of fun things happening this weekend for Kalamazoo families. Hope you enjoy the weekend!
For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, September 13 from 11:15 am to 12:15 pm at the KIA in Kalamazoo.
- Join Arty the mouse detective for a fun-packed hour learning to love art! Meet at the KIA library to READ a book, VISIT the galleries to look at paintings, then MAKE some art to take home. For children 4-8 with an adult. Free!
Saturday, September 13 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.
- The show will feature 50 vendors showcasing sports cards, autographed items and memorabilia that are available for sale or trade. Charlie “Paw Paw” Maxwell former Detroit Tiger from the 1950′s will be signing autographs from noon to 3pm.
- Admission is FREE with door prizes and concourse cafes will be open during the show.
Saturday, September 13 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Central High School Auditorium in Kalamazoo.
- Take a walk on the wild side with Jeff Musial and his exotic friends! From kangaroos to a baby spider monkey and reptiles galore get ready for an unforgettable experience. As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and many appearances on The Today Show, iCarly, VH1 Big Morning Buzz and more, Jeff is the go-to for educational entertainment!
- Tickets are $15 for General Admission and $30 for VIP (premiere seating and a photo with Jeff and one of the animals post-show).
- Tickets will be available at the door also.
Sunday, September 14 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Enjoy a fall fling and help the Camp Scholarship Fund! Join us for Music in the Woods – amazing live music performances by local musicians of the Kalamazoo Folklife Organization. Dig into the giant mud pit, have a blast in the natural play area, zoom down the giant Slip ‘N Slide, and enjoy fun learning stations! Soar through the trees like a bird and try out our new zip line forest canopy tour. Have fun and help kids enjoy the gift of nature!
- Admission is free with general KNC admission. Guest passes not valid for special events. Scholarship donations greatly appreciated. Pre-registration and additional fee required for zip line forest canopy tours.
FOR THE TEENS
Friday, September 12 (this event was rescheduled from last week due to the storm) starting at 7:30 at Arcadia Festival site in Kalamazoo.
- Sponsored in part by Kalamazoo Metro Transit. Grab a chair or blanket and join us under the stars for our “Movies in the Park” series, it’s FREE! Family-friendly activities and games will begin around 7:30 p.m. Popcorn and snacks will be available for purchase.
Some other suggestions for this weekend include a number of fun runs in our area. See our Fall Runs and Walks Guide for details on what’s happening this weekend. Also, we have some great ideas on where to apple picking this weekend in our U-Pick Apple/Pumpkin Guide.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?