by Jill P
September is here! Lot’s of fun things happening this weekend for Kalamazoo families. Hope you enjoy the long weekend!
For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, September 5 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm in downtown Kalamazoo.
- A free event held on the first Friday of every month, Art Hop is an evening of art exhibits and events; one of the great things to do in Kalamazoo. It’s fun, interactive and a great way to explore downtown that you can do alone, with friends or family, and you don’t have to be “artist” to enjoy it!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 5-7 in downtown Paw Paw.
- This festival included family activities such as carnival rides, free children’s activities in Stompyland, fireworks on Maple Lake, St. Julian Parade, and the Grape Stomp. Other activities include a car show, arts & crafts show, and Turtle Derby.
Saturday, September 6 for 10:00 am to 6:00 pm at Gull Meadow Farms in Richland.
- Opening Weekend for activities al Gull Meadow Farms is Saturday, September 6th! Our very first Touch-A-Tractor event will take place! Climb on some John Deere tractors (including a gator and combine) and get some great photos!
- Touch-A-Tractor is free but if you wanted to enter the family activity areas you would need to purchase a wristband.
Saturday, September 6 starting at 1:00 pm at the baseball stadium at Mayors’ Riverfront Park.
- Join us in the baseball stadium at Mayors’ Riverfront Park at 1:00pm for a pre-race party including child and adult activities, before we head out at 2:00pm on our flat and scenic 5K course along the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail. Stick around following your race for the after party with music, more fun contests and a barbecue.
FOR THE TEENS
Friday, September 5 starting at 7:30 at Arcadia Festival site in Kalamazoo.
- Sponsored in part by Kalamazoo Metro Transit. Grab a chair or blanket and join us under the stars for our “Movies in the Park” series, it’s FREE! Family-friendly activities and games will begin around 7:30 p.m. thanks to our sponsor, Metro Transit, with the featured movie beginning at sunset. Popcorn and snacks will be available for purchase.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?