by Jill P
Looking for something fun to do with the entire family this weekend? Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
NOTE: The Cross Country Ski Class is being rescheduled until February 22. due to the chilly weather.
Saturday, January 25 from 9-11 am at the Schrier Park in Portage
- Participants may bring their own equipment or arrange rental through Lee’s Adventure Sports. Please note a minimum snow cover of four inches is required for this program.
- Family class: An excellent opportunity for beginners to learn the correct way to cross country ski. This introductory class will emphasize safety, proper use of equipment and how to traverse a variety of winter terrain. An adult must accompany youth under age 9
- Age: 8 years – adult Time: 9-11 a.m. Fee: $15 per person. Registration required by January 23, in person at: Lee’s Adventure Sports, 311 Kilgore Rd. (381-7700) – OR – Breakaway Bicycles, 185 Romence Rd. (324-5555)
Saturday, January 18 from 11:30 am to 1:30 (or whenever they run out of chili) in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Chili-Cook off is a chance for downtown businesses to show off their culinary chops in hopes of catching the popular vote. Just come downtown on Saturday, January 25, and walk to the various locations. The event begins at 11:30 and lasts as long as the chili does.
Saturday, January 25 from 11-12 pm at Barnes and Noble in Portage.
- Join us for a Hands-On Learning event as we count down to the release of “The LEGO Movie”. There will be activities, fun and surprises for all who attend! Please sign up with Barnes and Noble.
Saturday, January 25 at 2 pm at Barnes and Noble in Battle Creek.
- Come check out this confidence boosting book written by local author, Brian Mott. Come meet the author and hear him read this fantastic book. Snacks and a craft will be provided following the event.
Sunday, January 26 at starting at 3 pm at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.
- Child Safety Day and Kids on the Go.
- Free post-game skate ($3 skate rental), face painter, balloon animals. Sunday is Family Hockey Day in the Zoo at K-Wings games! Each game is at 3:00pm and features family friendly events, activities and appearances. Plus, the first 500 kids through the main doors eat FREE courtesy of Walgreens and receive that day’s giveaway item!
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?