by Jill P
Happy New Year! We are winding down from Christmas Break, but there is plenty to do in Kalamazoo this weekend. Consider the following…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, January 3 from from 1 pm to 4 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in Kalamazoo.
- Nature-Inspired Song. Decorate and create with natural materials that make music such as assemble animal wind chimes, put together pan pipes, decorate a cow bell, etc. Free.
Friday, January 3 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Kalamazoo Public Library Central location in Kalamazoo.
Marbles on a Roll! Put your STEAM skills to the test by creating a marble run. Watch as the marbles ricochet, deflect, rock and roll! Registration Required. Ages 6-11.
Saturday January 4 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Animal Tracks and Signs: Search for the clues animals leave behind! Winter Discovery Programs Drop in at the Interpretive Center at KNC between 10 am – 4pm during winter break for different hands-on winter activities each day! A Naturalist will be on hand to encourage exploration and assist with the fun.
- Kids-11 am: track rubbings and all ages-2 pm: animal signs hike.
Friday, January 3 at 2 pm at the Powell branch of the Kalamazoo Public Library in Kalamazoo.
- Enjoy The Croods with friends and treats! All ages. After their cave is destroyed, a caveman family must trek through an unfamiliar fantastical world with the help of an inventive boy.
Saturday, January 4 at 11 am at the Barnes and Noble in Portage.
- Join us for Kindness Matters Storytime featuring Llama Llama and the Bully Goat. We look forward to seeing the little llamas! Please RSVP with Barnes and Noble.
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?