by Jill Piwko
Wow! We’re at the end of June already. Summer is moving quickly. Time to get out there with the family and experience the great things that our area has to offer. For this weekend check out these family friendly events, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday day, June 27 starting at 7:30 pm at the Upjohn Park in Kalamaazoo.
- Sponsored in part by Kalamazoo Metro Transit. Grab a chair or blanket and join us under the stars for our “Movies in the Park” series, it’s FREE! Family-friendly activities and games will begin around 7:30 pm with the featured movie beginning at sunset. Popcorn and snacks will be available for purchase. You are not going to want to miss this year’s line up!
- June 27 Disney’s “Finding Nemo” at Upjohn Park, 1018 Walter St.
Saturday, June 27 and Sunday, June 28 from 1:00 – 4:00 pm at Fat Blossom Farm in Allegan.
- We spend our spare moments throughout the year building a wonderland of fairy houses and hobbit habitats which we tuck into the woods along our walking trails. We invite you to come out and wander the woods, get inspired, and use your imagination to create your own magical dwelling. Cost is $5 per person, maximum $20 per family. This is a super-fun creative event for all ages. *Parent tip-bring bug spray and hard soled shoes.
Friday, June 27 from 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Saturday, June 28 from 9:00 am-6:00 pm and Sunday, June 29 from 9:00 am-2:00 pm at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners.
- This 3-day show features tractors, trucks and more including a saw mill team with demonstrations, steam engines, a daily tractor parade at 1pm, kid’s pedal tractor pulls, and an antiques and crafts market.
- General Admission: $10/person, children 11 & under are FREE. Includes all museum exhibits at no extra charge.
Sunday, June 28 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the KNC Market Barn in Kalamazoo.
- Looking for somewhere new to hike? Interested in the history of DeLano Farms? Want to learn about the cultivated and wild foods growing on the farm? Join us for a guided hike exploring what the DeLano Farm property has to offer. Meet at the Family Market Garden located next to the Market Barn, 357 W. E Ave.
Area Festivals and Concerts
There some fun festivals going on in the area this weekend. Check out the Irish Festival in Downtown Kalamazoo and the Taste of Vicksburg in Vicksburg. Also, check out the free area concerts at either the Concerts at Bronson Park or the Bronk Bros. at Kindleberger Park.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?