by Jill Piwko
Spring is in the air! We’re in May and we’re entering a good season to be out and about with the kiddos. For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, May 10 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Expo Center and Fairgrounds in Kalamazoo.
- Touch-A-Truck is a fun event for the whole family where kids, young and old, can learn about and touch an assortment of vehicles including police cars, National Guard vehicles, construction equipment, and many other unique items from those who protect, build and serve in our community! There will be plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Gates will open at 10:00 am for a 2 hour Siren-Free Zone (no horns or sirens) with general admission following from 12:00 pm -2:00p m. Cost is only $10 per family, $4 for adults, and $2 for children (2 and under free).
Saturday, May 10 at 11:00 am at the Bronson Gilmore Center for Health Education in Kalamazoo.
- Come hear Gemini: Music for Children and Families as part of the Crybaby Concerts series. These concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give children under the age of five and their parents, grandparents and siblings a performance of beautiful music in an open and flexible environment – even if your little ones feel like crying!
- There is room to move and plenty of space for stroller parking. Nutritious, kid-friendly snacks are provided after each performance.
Thursday through Saturday at Western Michigan University- University Arena in Kalamazoo. See Event schedule for event times and list of events.
- At the Michigan Youth Arts Festival, 1,000 of Michigan’s highest scoring student artists participate in 50 master classes, workshops, live performances, and exhibits that are tailored to their individual artistic discipline. From the concert recitals, to the visual art exhibit, to the film festival and theatrical performances,
- The Michigan Youth Arts Festival is a memorable event that students will fondly remember throughout their artistic careers. All performances are free and open to the public.
Saturday, May 10 from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at Mayors’ Riverfront Park in Kalamazoo.
- The perfect event to kick-start your summer! Start with us at Mayors’ Riverfront Park and make your way down the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail, stopping along the way for fun adventures and activities. Bring the whole family and spring into summer!
Saturday, May 10 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Girl Scout Program and Training Center in Kalamazoo.
- Bring your favorite stuffed friend (and your grown up) to find out all about how to become a Girl Scout. This event is free and open to all girls interested in joining or learning more about Girl Scouts. Tea & Cookies, Arts & Crafts Games Songs and so much more!
Also, get your tickets for to The Magical Adventures of Merlin by the Kalamazoo Civic Youth Theatre. A great family show going on now. See post for performance times.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?