by Jill P
Kalamazoo parents and caregivers, we have a number of fun family activities and events going on in the area this weekend. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, March 7 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in downtown Kalamazoo.
- The 2014 Kalamazoo Fretboard Festival is a FREE event that invites visitors to meet instrument designers and learn about their trade, attend workshops for a variety of stringed instruments, and hear live performances from area musicians.
Saturday, March 8 from 11:15 am – 11:45 am at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts in Kalamazoo.
- Join us for storytelling by Ruth Heinig and her puppet Peggy Sue, geared to children ages 4 – 8 years old. Come in while Mom, Dad or older siblings are in class, or just for the fun of it.
Saturday, March 8 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Area health organizations come together to share information and activities about health and nutrition.
Saturday, March 8 & Sunday, March 9, 1 pm & 3 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Marvel at the magic of maple sugaring! Discover how sunny days and chilly nights are key to a good sap run on this hike through the woods to our sugar shack. Then, sample some real Michigan maple syrup! Tours start indoors followed by a 45-minute guided hike. Please dress for the weather!
Sunday, March 9 at 3 pm at the Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.
- Special appearance by Stefanie Scott from the Disney Channel’s
A.N.T. Farm, free post-game skate ($3 skate rental), face painter,
- Each game is at 3:00pm and features family friendly events, activities and appearances. Plus, the first 500 kids through the main doors eat FREE courtesy of Walgreens and receive that day’s giveaway item!
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?