by Jill P
There is a lot to do in Kalamazoo! If you are looking for something to do with your kids and family this weekend, we have fun options for you. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, November 16 at the Fetzer Center, WMU in Kalamazoo
- Experience Russian culture with the entire family in Kalamazoo on the Western Michigan University campus – music, food, arts, and crafts. This year’s 18th annual Russian Festival includes a full day of programming for adults, and a special children’s activity area.
Slappy and Friends Character Breakfast
Saturday, November 16 in Kalamazoo at Burdick’s in the Radisson Downtown
- Dress up as Slappy or as your favorite Kalamazoo Wings hockey player and join us for a delicious breakfast buffet! Get your picture taken with Slappy to remember your fun-filled morning! Friends of Slappy from the KIDZ Club will be joining us too, so wear your KIDZ club gear!
The Elf on the Shelf and Adopt-an-Elf Storytime
Saturday, November 16 at Barnes and Noble in Portage
- Have you ever wondered how Santa knows who is naughty and who is nice? Stay after Storytime for fun activities and adopt you own personal elf (with parent’s permission, of course!). Please call Barnes and Noble store for more details and to RSVP.
The Wizard of OZ
Friday and Saturday, November 15 and 16 at 8 pm, and Sunday November 17 at 2pm at Portage Northern School
- Get ready to follow Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion, and Toto down the yellow brick road as Portage Northern prepares for its fall musical, The Wizard of Oz. This family favorite is an enchanting adaptation of the classic book and beloved MGM film, which is celebrating the 75th anniversary of its original release.
FOR PRESCHOOL AGES
Small Wonders: Opulent Owls
Saturday, November 16 at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo
- Explore nature with your child! Interactive nature stations are set up to encourage learning with your child, including time outdoors (weather permitting). No registration is required; just drop in! Children must be age 5 and younger and accompanied by an adult. Fee: $2/child (in addition to regular admission).
All these of these events and more can be found on the KZOOkids.com calendar.
Please let us know if you have an event to add by submitting it to our calendar.
What fun things will you be doing this weekend?