by Jill P
Do your kiddos love hot air balloons, airplanes, fireworks, carnival rides, and entertainment? This year’s Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival will have all this and more!
We are beyond excited for this year’s Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival. Why? Because we love all of the great family friendly entertainment! My kiddo loves airplanes, so this is right up his alley. This year, the U.S. Thunderbirds are going to be part of the Air Show. So cool!
Coming Soon! – Save The Dates
The W.K. Kellogg Airport will come alive with the excitement of the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival, June 29-July 4. The schedule is full of family fun, so you won’t want to miss a day.
The Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival continues to keep Battle Creek on the map for a great family fun event and is the best air show in the area in my opinion.
(photo courtesy of the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival)
Air Show Highlights
Some of the highlights of this year’s air show include:
- THE US AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS (making their only appearance in Michigan this summer)
- The 4CE Formation Aerobatic Team FEATURING Bill Stein (Edge 540)
- Rob Holland (MXS)
- Jack Knutson (Extra 300S)
- Firebirds XTreme Formation Duo (Holland and Knutson)
- The Hoppers Formation Team – Tim Brutsche, Paul Wood, Dan Sullivan & Dave Mills (L- 39 Jets)
- Kyle Franklin (Cub) Wing Tip Draggin Comedy act
- Paul Stender – All New Top Gun Jet Truck and or the ever popular Jet School Bus
Community Kick-Off Day & WACKY WEDNESDAY
Wednesday, June 29th is community kick-off day and you won’t want to miss the FREE fun! Admission on this day will be FREE and parking will also be FREE. This day will be all about celebrating community and the celebrating the fun of the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival.
Enjoy the evening from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm at W.K. Kellogg Airport, learn about the events that will be taking place later on in the week and plan out your Field of Flight days with family and friends as you enjoy the night out.
Bring the kids out and enjoy your time riding the rides and doing all the activities that Skerbeck Entertainment Group, Inc. Carnival offers at a nice, low rate if you buy in advance (more information coming soon). See the Field of Flight Community Kick-off Facebook Event Page for all of the happenings for Community Kick-Off day.
“Wacky Wednesday” will be the only time during the entire event that you will be able to taste some of the fun food offered at a discounted price. Grab some discounted food (funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs and more!) as part of Wacky Wednesday and then sit back, relax and enjoy the Community Kick-Off Day activities.
Kids Day – June 30
Thursday, June 30th is KIDS DAY and will be loaded with family fun. FREE admission on June 30 and just $5 parking per car load.
Schedule is as follows:
- 5:00 pm – Parking & Event Grounds Open
- 5:00 pm All Vendors Open – Great food vendors featuring ribs, chicken, steak sandwiches, ice cream, etc; fun booths with sunglasses, purses, shirts, dresses, jewelry, crafts, flea market….AND MORE!
- 5:00 pm – SKERBECK CARNIVAL OPENS – You’ll find rides and games. Great Entertainment for the entire family! Purchase your ride tickets/wristbands for the carnival in advance and save money.
- 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Kids Day with FREE games, activities and crafts. Register to WIN a new bike.
- 5:30 pm – Tim Dyson FMX Motorcycle Stunt Show: Featuring ground and aerial motorcycle stunts, complete with flips and more.
- 6:00 pm – Great Lakes Timber Show featuring Axe Throwing, Chainsaw Carvings, Crosscut Sawing, Log Rolling & just great family humor.
- 7:00 pm- HOT-AIR BALLOON LAUNCH OR FLY-IN AT W.K. KELLOGG AIRPORT
- 7:00 pm – Tim Dyson FMX Motorcycle Stunt Show: Featuring amazing ground and aerial motorcycle stunts, complete with flips and more.
- 7:30 pm — Field of Rock Concert on Center Stage featuring Don Middlebrook & the Pearl Divers (“Buffett” Style Music)
- 8:30 pm – Great Lakes Timber Show featuring Axe Throwing, Chainsaw Carvings, Crosscut Sawing, Log Rolling & just great family humor!
- 10:00 pm – Event closes.
7 More Reasons to Love This Year’s Festival
#1. Super cool Hot-Air Balloons competing for $12,500 in prize money.
#2. Five-hour Air Show featuring the US Air Force Thunderbird Demonstration Team.You won’t want to miss this opportunity to see them!
#3. The acts at the Entertainment on Center Stage.
#4. The Skerbeck Family Carnival featuring rides and games fun for the whole family.
#5. Two great fireworks displays which are 15 minutes long and choreographed to music.
#6. Two Balloon Night lllumes and Twilight Air Show. You’ll love to see the balloons light up the night sky.
#7. The Great Lakes Timber Show featuring log rolling competition, axe throwing and chain saw carving.
For More Information
Don’t Miss the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival on June 29-July 4, 2016 at the W.K. Kellogg Airport. For more information, visit www.bcballoons.com.
Pricing for parking and admission varies by day ranging from $5-10 for admission and $5 for parking.
Enter Our Ticket Giveaway For A Chance To Win!
We’re excited to give away to two (2) winners a family 4-packs of tickets to Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival. We’d love to be able to send your family to the entire Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival!
To enter to win one of two Family 4-Packs of tickets, complete the form below and tell us why you’d like to attend the Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival this year.
*This giveaway will close on June 20 at midnight and the winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond by email accepting the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. Leaving a comment on this blog post is not a requirement of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to KZOOkids.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants will release Facebook from all liability. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to jill@KZOOkids.com containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show in the subject line. KZOO Kids’ liability is limited to the value of the prize.