by Jill P
One of our KZOOkids readers recently asked about places for teens to go around greater Kalamazoo. Where do teens like to go and hang out? Here’s some of the ideas that our readers suggested and some we’ve reached out to the community to see what is being offered. Most of these are based on what is available this fall.
If you have any suggestions that we should add to this list, let us know!
17 Things For Teens To Do This Fall
1. SkyZone has a special SkySlam night. SkySlam is every Saturday from 8:30 pm-10:00 pm for ages 14+. All activities are included and for $18 (plus $1 for Sky Socks) you get an hour and a half of jumping plus 2 pieces of pizza and a soft drink.
2. Check out one of the corn mazes in the area. Harvest Moon Acres has a Flightlight Maze Nights every Saturday night. Your teen will surely love this and each flashlight maze is followed by a campfire. Gull Meadow Farms has a night maze also.
3. Head out to the movies or go to a drive-in movie at Capri Drive-In Theatre in Coldwater.
4. Grab some friends and hit the trails at Fort Custer with your bikes or hiking shoes. We know many teens that love to mountain bike here!
6. Take in a KWings Hockey game. Yes, the season starts in October already and offers plenty of excitement for all ages.
7. Go horseback riding.
8. Go to Teen Night at the KIA. These take place monthly on Friday nights at the KIA from 6:00pm – 8:00 pm. Upcoming dates include: October 9, November 13 and December 11.
9. If your daughter is a teen, head out to get a manicure/pedicure. We have a good list that is kid-friendly and also suitable for teens.
10. Head over to the Kalamazoo Nature Center for their Zipline Adventures: Fly Like a Bird.
12. The Alamo Drafthouse just announced their New Film Series: Victory Vanguard Presents which is targeted toward younger audiences. Tickets for the screenings are $3 and guests 14 and older may attend without a parent or guardian. Screenings will be followed by a programmer-led discussion.
13. Take in a tour with Haunted Kalamazoo.
15. Not just for adults, Art Hop has plenty for all ages to see.
16. Participate in the Alligator Round Up at the Critchlow Alligator Sanctuary.
17. Head over to the library for one of their special teen programming events. You can search for “Teen” events under of the local library calendars.