Food-Related “Let’s Stay In” Date Night Ideas
01) Set up a Wine & Cheese station – order a specialty cheese from The Cheese Lady Kalamazoo and place your order for curd size pickup.
02) Get take out from one of the local restaurants offering delivery or curbside pickup. Try Kelvin & Co Urban BBQ (Kalamazoo location) – we hear their award-winning ribs are lip smackin’ good and sell out.
03) Cook a nice dinner together. Choose from a favorite recipe, an online cooking class, or make your own version of Chopped.
04) Try your bartending skills with one of these 10 Easy Cocktails to Make at Home.
05) Have a romantic dessert night. Try a Pina Colada flavored treat from Rollup Ice Cream & Tea. Or, break out that fondue pot you got as a wedding gift and haven’t used yet.
Games & Such “Let’s Stay In” Date Night Ideas
06) Have an old Wii? Dust it off and throw down a bowling, duck hunt, or Just Dance Challenge.
07) Cribbage: get a board and learn how to play this classic card game.
08) Raid your board game collection. The old “I don’t have time to play Monopoly” excuse is out of commision for awhile. Maybe play inside of a fort…
09) Ask one of the 36 Questions That Lead to Love… it’s not a game exactly, but you might end up winning.
10) Do a puzzle together. Add wine or beer or snacks. And maybe a fire in the fireplace…
11) Set up an indoor (or outdoor) mini golf course and play through your house.
Active Date Night Ideas
12) If the kids are old enough to stay home alone, go for a long walk or bike ride through your neighborhood or on a nearby trail.
13) Try making a Tik Tok video.
14) Take a yoga class together. Down Dog Yoga Center is livestreaming yoga classes from teachers’ homes via Zoom. Class times and sign up information is available on the website.
15) Workout together. Planet Fitness is doing free Facebook live at-home workouts for everyone.
16) Do a project together. Home improvement projects together = great bonding time. Hang that picture you’ve been meaning to hang, put up or take down that baby gate that’s been sitting there for months. Do some caulking, patch some holes, or come up with new decorating ideas now that you have time.
17) Take online dance lessons…
Even More Date Night Ideas
18) The Classic – Netflix (and chill?)
19) Take advantage of the BroadwayHD 7-Day free trial. You can watch a Broadway show as one of your dates for free!
20) Watch a livestream musical concert.
21) Have a bonfire. Roast marshmallows. Look up at the stars.
22) Flip through old photos and remember what life was like before kids.
23) Shoulder, foot, or backrubs by candlelight…
Have more date night ideas for at home? Drop a comment below -we’d love to hear them!