by Jill P
We’re heading into a heat wave and the next few days are going to be HOT. I’ve seen where the heat index will top 100 degrees. Wow!
We have six ideas for you to beat the heat over the next few days. Stay cool!
1. Take in a FREE or cheap movie.
- Alamo’s Kids Camp lineup for the next few days include: July 15-21: THE NEVERENDING STORY & July 22-28: HORTON HEARS A WHO
- Kalamazoo 10 will be playing on July 18-22 — PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR
2. Head to a favorite indoor play place.
- Jungle Joe’s, Bounceland, SkyZone, Airway Fun Center and more all are great “beat-the-heat” options.
3. Head over to one of the libraries for some great summer programming.
- As always, there are some great summer happenings at our local libraries. Library events that you’ll find over the next few days include: family story time, crafts and even Zumba! See our full Event Calendar to review all of the great indoor options.
4. Head to an air-conditioned museum to check out a great exhibit.
- The Kalamazoo Valley Museum has the LEGO Travel Adventure exhibit that your kids will LOVE. Plus, it’s free!
- The Air Zoo is featuring the POPnology exhibit with tons of hands-on fun.
- The Grand Rapids Public Museum has two special exhibits that are family-friendly: Earth Explorers and The Robot Zoo. Definitely worth the trip to Grand Rapids.
5. Get wet around Kalamazoo!
- Check out some of our Kalamazoo area favorite swim spots, splash pads, and pools. Reader tip: get to your favorite spot early in the day. Crowds get larger as the day goes on.
6. Head to a favorite Southwest Michigan beach!
- So many great options for a perfect beach day. Some of our favorites include: South Haven, Saugatuck, and St. Joseph.There’s a ton of great beaches to choose from!
Any other tips to beat the heat? Let us know.
Have fun and stay cool!