Looking for some free, weekend fun?
Gather the family and friends and head out to explore the Kingman Museum in Battle Creek. Better yet, it doesn’t have to drain your wallet! Did you know admission to the Kingman Museum is now FREE?
Kingman Museum – A Local Treasure
A local landmark in Battle Creek (and perhaps a bit of a hidden gem for those of us not from Battle Creek), Kingman Museum has been a popular educational stop for children of all ages. If you are looking for a fun afternoon to learn about space, natural history, science and habitats, Kingman Museum is the spot.
See preserved animals and insects, watch a planetarium show, complete a scavenger hunt, touch a dinosaur bone cast and more.
The best part? Thanks to generous sponsors, general admission is now free. Planetarium shows are $2.00 per person.
Kingman Museum offers rotating exhibits – so you can continue to visit and see new areas to explore. Now through June, explore the history of aircraft and engineering advancements in aviation at “Great Minds: Century of Flight“.
The exhibit features detailed timelines of achievements in aeronautics, models of experimental aircraft still in the works, and how advancements in aviation affect our ability to travel to space. The majority of the artifacts in “Great Minds: Century of Flight” are on loan from NASA’s John H. Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
Planetarium shows change monthly and also include a Star Talk which explores “seasonal constellations you can find in your own backyard.” Shows play at quarter after every hour during business hours, beginning at 11:15 AM.
Five Tips from a Parent
- Parking is free and directly behind the museum.
- The museum is stroller-friendly. There is an elevator to take you between levels.
- Be sure to ask the front desk for a scavenger hunt sheet. Your kids can hand it in at the end for a small prize.
- There is a gift shop, with many reasonably priced options to continue the learning at home.
- Visiting the museum in warmer weather? Be sure to take a stroll around beautiful Leila Arboretum or Kaleidoscope Gardens.
175 Limit Street
Battle Creek, MI 49037
269-965-5117 | Facebook
The museum is open Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.