[note] Tickets for this review were provided by the K-Wings Hockey Club. All opinions are my own. [/note]
by Jill P
We attended our first K-Wings on January 25th with friends and had a great time at Family Hockey Day in the ‘ZOO. Our crew consisted of my husband and 6 year-old son plus his 6-year old friend, 9-year old sister, and their dad.
We’d never been to Family Hockey Day in the ‘ZOO or to any K-Wings hockey game, so we were excited for the chance to attend. My son and his friends were part of the first 500 kids who received a Checkered Flag and a FREE kids meal. Every Sunday game at the K-Wings is Family Hockey Day in the ‘ZOO and kids get a free kids meal. My son ordered a standard hot dog, fries, and drink.
Highlights Of Our Family Hockey Day Experience
We had a fun time at the game. I asked each of the kids to tell me their favorite things about the K-Wings Family Day hockey game. Some of their highlights included:
- Watching the fast paced hockey game.
- Seeing Slappy mix with the crowd and get everyone into the game.
- Enjoying the between period entertainment.
- Purchasing a souvenir K-Wings hockey puck from the gift shop.
- Seeing their picture on the Jumbotron scoreboard. (You can tweet your picture during the game and use hashtag #kwingsphoto and there’s a chance you’ll see yourself on the scoreboard).
- And yes, a win in overtime is definitely a bonus and a highlight of the game!
We also liked the new Slappy jersey’s that were worn during the games.
Kidz Club Highlights
If you’re kiddos are huge K-Wings fans, check out the Kidz Club for $25. Some of the benefits for kids 12 and under:
- A FREE child Pepsi at every home game
- Exclusive Parties with K-Wings Players and Slappy
- Official Kidz Club Merchandise
- Chance to win K-Wings Prizes at every home game
- Opportunity to pick up Chuck-A-Pucks at all K-Wings home games
- Chance to win exclusive Kidz Club Experiences:
- Bench Warmer of the Game – Watch warm-ups from the K-Wings bench
- Zamboni Rider of the Game – Ride the zamboni in between periods
- Puck Dropper-Drop one of the ceremonial first pucks
- High-Five Tunnel- 10 lucky members will get a chance to go onto the ice and high-five all the players as they enter the ice during pre-game introductions
- Chuck-A-Puck Announcer- One lucky member at every K-Wings home game will get to tell the whole arena to “chuck their pucks”
- Kids Paint the Ice- Every member of the K-Wings Kidz Club will have the opportunity to paint and show their artistic abilities on the ice at Wings Stadium.
Upcoming Family Day Hockey Games
The next Family Hockey Game is on February 22 at 3:00 pm. The theme is “Princess & Pirate Day” and some of the other special activities are outlined in the flier below.
Fans that plan on attending multiple games can avoid service fees plus enjoy a discount from the single-game price by purchasing a 12, 24 or 36-game flexi-plan. These plans along with group ticket packages (15 or more people) may be ordered through the K-Wings front office by calling (269) 743-6011.
We had a lot of fun at our first K-Wings hockey game and are looking forward to heading back again soon.