[note]Ticket for this review were provided by LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan. All opinions are my own. [/note]
by Robin B
Need to get your LEGO® fix? LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan is the place to find it!
Opened in late March 2016 at the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets, the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan is a two-to-three-hour experience that offers several interactive and educational features. This is Michigan’s only location and the eighth of its kind in the United States.
We had a chance to discover what’s inside LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan:
- 2 LEGO® rides: The Kingdom Quest Laser Ride and Merlin’s Apprentice Ride
- 4D cinema that allows you to ride alongside one of your favorite LEGO® characters
- Burn off some energy in the Lego® City Play Zone. Climbing walls, slides and a jungle gym will keep the kids busy. *This area is suitable for kiddos up to 56” tall and socks must be worn.
- Creative Workshop – learn LEGO® building tips from the experts
- MINILAND® – utilizing over 1.5 million LEGOS®, you can view Metro Detroit’s iconic buildings and attractions in a cool interactive display with sound effects and touch screens.
TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan is ideally suited for children ages 3 – 10+. The facility is stroller-friendly with family bathrooms. Children under three years are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets MUST be pre-purchased online to guarantee entry. Walk-up tickets are not available at this time. In addition, you’ll select a time and must arrive at that appointed time for guaranteed entry.
- All ticket purchases are final – no exchanges or refunds.
- ALL adults must be accompanied by children – yes, that is correct! LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan does offer an ‘Adult Night’ for guests over the age of 18 held the last Thursday of each month from 7 pm – 9pm.
- Want to do some Minifigure Trading? Bring one of your own Minifigures with you and keep an eye out on a Staff member’s name badge. If you see one you would like to trade, ask them nicely and swap Minifigures.
- Outside food is not permitted; however, you can visit the Café for a snack or beverage break.
- There is no place to hang jackets; make sure to keep your belonging to a minimum.
- LEGOLAND® does a nice job spacing out the entry to help with crowd control. Once through the admissions desk, you’ll have a family photo taken against a LEGO® backdrop, and then go through a procession of two attractions (one being the Kingdom Quest Laser Ride) before entering the main area to roam on your own. We noticed several families skip this part.
- We were visiting on a busy weekend day. The wait for Merlin’s Apprentice Ride seemed to be the longest, about 15 minutes. Also, the LEGO® Builders Race & Test area (build your own vehicles and time its speed on the race track) is fairly small. It seemed to be one of the most popular attractions and crowded.
- The 4D Cinema was a cool experience and offered a nice break. The line wasn’t long at any point during the day. The movie does include sensory effects with some light ‘rain’ misted on the audience.
- There were staff members at each attraction to answer questions.
- My favorite part by far was MINILAND®. I read it took over 6 months to complete and the detail is amazing. It was fun to recognize landmarks from metro Detroit.
All in all, our visit to LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan was a thumbs-up experience and a great family day of fun!
ADDRESS: 4240 Baldwin Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326, USA
HOURS: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm* most days. Sunday hours are 10:00 am – 4:00 pm*
The LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan remains open for 2 hours after last admission.
Tickets start at $23.50 per person.
ENTER TO WIN
We’re excited to give away a TWO tickets to the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan.
To enter to win two tickets, complete the form below and tell us why you’d like to visit LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan.
*This giveaway will close on September 1 at midnight and the winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond by email accepting the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. Leaving a comment on this blog post is not a requirement of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to KZOOkids.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants will release Facebook from all liability. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to jill@KZOOkids.com containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan in the subject line. KZOO Kids’ liability is limited to the value of the prize.