[note] We received a complimentary visit to Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.[/note] by Jill P
Looking for a fun adventure close to home? There are plenty of adventures to be had not too far from our area. Cue the knights in shining armor…the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament is the perfect diversion for the whole family. Just a three-hour car ride from the greater Kalamazoo area, Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament is a fun way to have an amusement-like adventure closer to home.
My 8-year-old son has been fascinated with castles and knights lately, so we were very excited to be extended an invitation as a guest of the castle. Before we went, we watched a preview of the show on YouTube and checked out the Q & A piece online to know what to expect. We arrived 45 minutes prior to showtime to make sure we had great parking and were inside early. We wanted to arrive early enough to check out the gift shop and get to our seats without being rushed. Plus, we wanted to enjoy some of the pre-show festivities. We really enjoyed the show which was action-packed and full of adventure. Here are our top five reasons why you’ll want to add Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament to your family bucket list:
TOP FIVE REASONS TO GO
1. Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament entertains guests of all ages. We noticed that there were guests ranging from younger families with young children to older families celebrating special occasions.
2. You’ll love the show! With awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, rousing displays of strength and skill, and a feast for the eyes. The show is edge-of-your-seat full of energy and adventure.
3. Fun food to eat with your hands. We enjoyed our dinner that was included as part of the show. The full dinner menu includes garlic bread, tomato bisque soup, oven-roasted chicken (referred to by our server as “baby dragon”), buttered corn, herb-basted potato, dessert and beverage. No utensils are provided, you eat with your hands!
photo courtesy of Medieval Times
4. A “Knight to Remember”. This was our first time at a dinner show like this. We’ll have great memories for years to come of our experience. You’ll feel like you are part of an age of chivalry, where knights do battle atop valiant steeds for the favor of the royal court and guests are treated to a delectable meal fit for a king.
photo courtesy of Medieval Times
5. Plenty of opportunities to learn about kings, knights and castles. The show makes you feel like you’re part of an era gone by. There are plenty of opportunities before the show to tour the castle, meet some of the performers from the show and even tour the museum. (Tickets to the museum are extra).
Just minutes from the O’Hare Airport, in Schaumburg, IL the colossal stone tower of Medieval Times invites guests to be transported to a bygone era. Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – Chicago 2001 North Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL 60195 Phone: (847) 882-1496 Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
MORE AREA FUN
If you’re looking to stay in the area or make an overnight trip, there is plenty of fun to be had. Some of our favorites in the area include: *IKEA Schaumburg Store *LEGOland Dicovery Center Chicago *Firezone *Woodfield Mall