*This is a sponsored post brought to you by Santosha Wellness.
Santosha Wellness is Kalamazoo’s first children’s wellness center. Located directly off of US – 131 in Kalamazoo, Santosha Wellness gives the opportunity for Kalamazoo area parents to put their children’s health first.
[quote] The name Santosha is significant to our philosophy and our work with children. Santosha is a yoga sanskirt word that means contentment. It’s interpreted as”the underlying joy that cannot be shaken by life’s tough moments, by injustice, hardship, bad luck.” Essentially, Santosha is about accepting your current self as it is without only thinking about the changes that you want to happen in the future; loving who you are and where you are in the moment before you seek to make a change. And here at Santosha Wellness, we want everyone who walks through our doors to know they are worthy, they are enough, and they are deserving of joy.[/quote]
Owned and operated by a pediatric occupational therapist with a great deal of experience in the field of health and wellness as it relates to occupational therapy.
The owner, Rebecca Layer is currently co-supervising a research project within a social skills clinic at Western and collaborating with many local therapists. She is always growing and learning and providing the best care possible to all clients that walk through her doors!
Offering a variety of services for children of all ages and abilities, including the following:
- Pediatric OT – Experienced therapists offer evidenced-based interventions to all common diagnoses, including ASD, feeding concerns, developmental delays, psychological disorders, SPD, CP, and others.
- Kids Yoga – Class every Wednesday 4:15-5:00 pm for kids of all ages and abilities! All our instructors are experienced and are currently in-training through Integrated Movement Therapy and Rainbow Kids Yoga.
- Infant Massage – Weekly classes every Tuesday and Thursday 1:00-2:00 pm for infants 0-12 months and their parents/primary caregiver. All our instructors are CEIM’s (Certified Educator of Infant Massage) with Infant Massage USA.
- Adaptive Fitness – Weekly fitness classes offered for kids with special needs to support their community involvement, social skills, physical skills, and more. Program coach has extensive experience in the adaptive fitness field.
- Social Skills Groups – Coming soon in Spring 2018!
- Myofascial Release – We offer 30- and 60- minute sessions for kids of all ages. Therapist certified MFR I.
Santosha Wellness is focused on providing evidenced-based, client-centered services by knowledgeable staff that has your children’s best interests at heart.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
5340 Holiday Terrace, Suite 9
Kalamazoo, MI 49009