Sledding season is here! Get ready to play in the powder and zoom down the hills with the kids. Here is our list of the best sledding hills and tubing spots around Kalamazoo. Always check with the property owners first before sledding on private property.
Read on to find out where you can find some good old fashioned winter fun!
- Milham Park Golf Course, 4200 Lovers Lane, Kalamazoo
- Kindleberger Park, 200 Park Ave, Parchment
- Hillside Middle School,1941 Alamo Ave, Kalamazoo Township
- Oakland Drive Park, 7650 Oakland Drive, Portage
- Woods Lake Park, 2900 Oakland Drive, Kalamazoo
- Portage Northern School,1000 Idaho Ave, Portage (Readers comment: be careful at Portage Northern. They are under construction and they now have a fence at the bottom of the sledding hill).
- Spring Valley Elementary, 3530 Mt. Olivet Rd., Parchment
- Leila Arboretum, 928 West Michigan Ave., Battle Creek
Check with property owners before sledding and follow all local laws and regulations. KZOOkids.com is not liable for how you may choose to use this information.
Tubing Near Kalamazoo
Echo Valley – 8495 East H Ave., Kalamazoo, MI
Direct phone line during open business hours: 269-349-3017
Hours: Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm and Sunday: noon to 6:00 pm
*Special weekday hours during the holiday season / winter break, weather permitting. Check the Facebook page for details.
A tow rope is available to assist you / the tube back up to the top. Food and beverages are available in our 2400 sq.ft. warming lodge. Families can warm themselves by the circular fireplace while watching the tubers and tobogganers or enjoy the view from the deck There are no height or age restrictions for any of the attractions.
Note: Echo Valley is heavily dependent on weather conditions. We suggest that you call their information line at 269-349-3291 to verify that they are open prior to heading out.
Daily Combo (tobogganing and tubing) $18.00
RELATED: Millennium Park Ice Skating Rink
Timber Ridge – 07500 23 1/2 Street, Gobles, MI
Direct phone line: (269) 694-9449
Recognized as one of the Top 10 Parks in Michigan, Timber Ridge offers tubing as a relaxing way to enjoy winter with your family.
Note: Hours and Rates may change during marginal weather. Tubers must be at least 5 years old and 42″ tall. One person per tube. Please call the 24-hour snow line at (269) 694-9158 for current information.
Friday $20 (2 hour ticket) 3:00 pm to close
Sat. & Sun. $20 (2 hour ticket) 10:00 am to close
Where else do you head for sledding when the snow flies?