We’ve put together a listing of U-Pick Apple and Pumpkins Farms and where you can find pre picked apples or pumpkins.
Note: We recommend to always call ahead to the apple orchard to verify that picking is available and what variety is available for picking at the time that you plan to go.
If you’re looking for pre picked apples or pumpkins, you can also check out our Farmer’s Market Guide to find a local Farmer’s Market where you can find an ample supply this time of year.
Thanks to our KZOOkids.com readers for their suggestion on where to find organic apples. Did we miss any of your favorites? If so, please let us know by emailing: jill@KZOOkids.com. Thanks!
U-Pick Apples and/or Pumpkins
9191 West Main Street Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Husted Farm Market will have 24 types of U-Pick apples available this season. They also sell other fall treats such as cider, homemade donuts & pies, caramel apples, and pumpkins. Go on the weekend and catch a hayride for only $2.00.
8619 West ML Avenue Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Starting Labor Day weekend, VerHage’s Fruit Farm and Cider Mill has a variety of fall activities planned. You can find U-pick apples, hayrides, and a tractor school for children. Also look for a craft festival on Sept. 27th and a Trunk or Treat event on October 25th.
8544 Gull Road Richland, MI 49083
- Gull Meadow Farms begins their fall extravaganza on September 6th. Look for U-pick apples, a pumpkin patch, wagon rides, a corn maze and more. Stop by the bakery for fresh donuts and cider.
13988 County Road 215 Grand Junction, MI 49056
- Stokes Homestead offers a free ride out to our orchards where people can choose from a dozen U-Pick apple varieties and U-Pick pumpkins, too. While there, check out their apple & pumpkin donuts and all kinds of other bakery items plus a full kitchen with breakfast and lunch! They will celebrate the season with a Fall Festival on October 18th. There will also be a Shadow Hollow Haunt (a haunted hayride) starting on October 4th.
6054 124th Ave. Fennville, MI 49408
- Take your pick of 17 different U-Pick apple varieties at Crane’s Orchards. End your visit of the orchards with a trip through the 20-acre corn maze or a ride on the cow train.
6017 124th Ave, Fennville, Michigan 49408
- Fall apple picking starts the first week of September at Gary Crane’s U-Pick Farm. Fourteen fall apple varieties including Honeycrisp apples will be available. There is also a large pumpkin patch where you can pick out the perfect pumpkin.
6405 109th Avenue, South Haven, Michigan 49090
- Apples and pumpkins galore are available to pick at Overhiser Orchards. There is also a hands-on animal barn with chickens, alpaca, goats, and bunnies along with a corn maze and hayrides to add to the fall fun.
65980 66th Avenue, Hartford, MI 49057
- Big Dan’s offers free wagon rides to the u-pick apple orchards and pumpkin fields on weekends starting September 7th. Wagon rides will continue each weekend until Halloween.
8335 Smith Road, Berrien Center, MI 49102
- At Earth First Farms, our focus is on apples. We grow more than a dozen varieties of organic apples on about 2,000 fruit-bearing trees. We at KZOOkids love their “Rent A Tree” option where you get all produce from that tree for a year. They take care of the tree all year, and in the fall you get to come pick your apples from your apple tree.
4648 Otto Rd, Charlotte, Michigan 48813
- They will have around 5 varieties of organic apples (Jonamac, Jonathan, Liberty, Enterprise, Gold Rush) available. U Pick schedule changes weekly, so always call ahead to verify what is available to pick. Picking begins on September 13th and ends late October. They have many other varieties of organic apples that are only offered in their market pre picked.
Already Picked Pumpkins
Gene the Pumpkin Man
22637 M-43 Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Gene the Pumpkin Man sells a variety of fall goods such as winter squash, Indian corn, gourds, honey, corn stalks and of course hundreds of pumpkins of all sizes. Open 10 am – 8 pm from mid-September through November 1.
18725 M-40 Highway Gobles, MI 49055
- Get your pumpkins, gourds, and other fall decor at Harvest Moon Acres or attempt to make it through their 5 -acre giant corn maze. Other attractions include a petting zoo, hayrides, interactive Farmers’ Market and corn bin in the indoor Fun Barn.