by Jill P
We’ve made it to March! There are some fun things going on around Kalamazoo this weekend. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, March 1 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Michael’s in Portage.
- Bookmark the spot! Kids, craft a handy dandy page saver for Read Across America. Join us on Saturday, March 1st for our Read Across America Bookmark Event. Ages 3 and up are welcome to this event. See a store associate for details today. $2
Saturday, March 1 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Barnes and Noble in Portage.
- Join us on Saturday, March 1 for The LEGO Movie Building Event. Build a scene from the movie! This event is great for ages 4 and up. Receive a free copy of THE LEGO® MOVIE Adventure Builder Booklet.
Thursday through Sunday, February 27 to March 2 at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids. See link to listing for showtimes.
- If you missed the Disney show at the Miller Auditorium last weekend or if you just can’t get enough of Disney, this show is worth the drive to Grand Rapids.
- Enter a world of wonder where heroes and hearts prevail. Join Ariel as she years to explore the world above the waves and Prince Eric breaks Ursula’s slithering spell to reclaim his one true love. See Prince Philip defeat the evil Malificent as she transforms herself into a fire-breathing dragon in a race against time to rescue Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora. Be there to discover a whole new world with Jasmine and Aladdin. And watch in awe as the dreams of Cinderella, Belle, Snow White and Tiana all come true. High flying jumps, daring acrobatics, breathtaking skating and loveable Disney friends are just a wish away!
FOR THE MOMS
Friday, February 28 from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm and Saturday, March 1 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Main & Expo South Center in Kalamazoo.
- An annual two day extravaganza created for women by women! Every minute is designed to be fun, educational and entertaining! Admission: Adults $5, Children 12 and up $2, Children under 12 are free. For more information call 269-498-0846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, March 1 – various locations and times. See link to our post above.
- Check out the Mom to Mom sales around the area for some good buys on kids clothing, toys, and other kids stuff.
Saturday, March 1- various locations and times throughout Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Girlfriends Getaway is now simply an all-day Saturday event with our Downtown businesses! Plus we’re still hosting the Saturday night cocktail hour from 8-9 pm at Alamo Drafthouse Kalamazoo with the Grease sing-a-long movie to follow at 9:30 pm.
- No registration required! (with the exception of the movie ticket for Grease which can be found on our website). Instead, you and your girlfriends can just attend the activities that you’d like to explore on Saturday and try something new! (Please note that a few of the activities may have an additional fee, indicated on our website, which you can pay at that specific business.)
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?