by Jill P
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Where did this summer go? There’s plenty to do this weekend in and around Kalamazoo for families. Hope you enjoy the long weekend!
For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, August 29 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at Bronson Park in Kalamazoo.
- The “Lunchtime Live!” summer event series is back by popular demand! Bronson Park will come alive with live musicians, pop-up retail vendors, local food trucks, and summertime activities. Stroll down during your lunch hour or bring the kids during summer break because there will be something for everyone. Entertainment this week will be Branden Mann & The Reprimand.
Saturday and Sunday, August 30 and 31 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Country Lakes Alpacas & Farm Store in Lawton.
- Country Lakes Alpacas & Farm Store has announced open farm days at the alpaca farm at 84600 M-40, just north of the Marcellus Township line. People will be able to view, pet and feed the alpacas, and take pictures with the animals.
Saturday, August 30 starting at 9:00 a.m. at the Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek.
The days events include:
- 9am – Registration …. $10 per vehicle. All show vehicles must register.
- 3pm – Awards
- Free Dash Plaques (first 100 registered vehicles )
- Craft and food vendors
- Cool Cars + Cool Trees = Great Fun.
- Arboretum, Children’s Garden, & more…
- Door Prizes and Games!
August 29 – September 4 at the Celebration Cinema in Portage. Check with Celebration Cinema directly for movie times.
- Flick’s Family Film Festival returns August 29th through October 30th with nine family-friendly titles! For each film, all regularly scheduled showtimes are free for kids 12-and-under and just $5 for adults. Nut Job is about a mischievous squirrel and fellow animals plan a nut store heist of outrageous proportions.
Saturday, August 30 from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm at the Kik Pool in Upjohn Park in Kalamazoo.
- Every dog deserves a day at the pool! We are encouraging dog owners to bring their dog on the last day Kik Pool is open, so they can find out what the people fun is all about.
- Dogs will be able to jump off the diving board, and unlike people, be allowed to jump from the deck. So dog gone it, come on out and see what all the fun is about. Spectators are welcome. Cost is $3 per Dog. Owners free! (Each owner will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the pool deck.)
If you’re looking to squeeze some beach time this weekend, check out our Southwest Michigan Beach Guide. Or take the kiddos out for ice cream. See our Reader’s Favorite Ice Cream Places Around Kalamazoo for some ideas of new places to try.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?