by Jill P
SUMMER FUN PLANNING
We’re in the last month of summer and we are still publishing more summer-related articles to help you make this the best summer ever!
We love outdoor dining during the summer and we have some great ideas of kid-friendly places for Kid-Friendly Outdoor Patio Dining.
Plus, we have more ideas as part of our Michigan Road Trip Series. We love St. Joseph and have ideas on what to discover, where to dine, and where to play.
Sign up for our E-News! We have some great summer articles scheduled that you won’t want to miss. To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, consider…
Friday from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Kalamazoo. Various locations. See full event brochure here.
- A free event held on the first Friday of every month, Art Hop is an evening of art exhibits and events; one of the great things to do in Kalamazoo. It’s fun, interactive and a great way to explore downtown that you can do alone, with friends or family, and you don’t have to be “artist” to enjoy it!
August 8 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Hood Farms Family Dairy, 41488 County Road 358, Paw Paw.
- You will be able to take your family to Breakfast on the Farm hosted by Hood Farms Family Dairy in Paw Paw. The event will include tours of the farm and great food. Make sure to pick up your FREE ticket in advances at one of these locations as it is required for the event.
Friday-Sunday, August 7-9 in downtown South Haven.
- Friday- Kids activities all day, kids blueberry pie eating contest, free outdoor concerts all evening
- Saturday- 5k/10k run, Blueberry Pancake Breakfast, parade, arts and crafts fair, kids activities all day, fish boil, free outdoor concerts all evening
- Sunday- Blueberry Pancake Breakfast, fly-in and classic car show, arts and crafts fair, sand sculpture contest, lawn tractor pull, free outdoor concert/party in the afternoon!
Friday, August 7 from 7:00 pm – 11:30 pm Celery Flats Historic Area in Portage.
- The evening will begin with Respect for Law displays from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. where local public safety personnel will be available for children, teens and adults to visit including displays of public safety equipment, police vehicles, fire apparatus, and ambulances. Exhibitors include the Portage Public Safety Bike Patrol, Kalamazoo Metro SWAT, Kalamazoo County Sheriff Mounted Division, and more!
- The movie Big Hero 6 (rated PG) will begin at 9:30 pm. The event is free of charge and popcorn will be provided. Other refreshments will be available for purchase.
Sunday, August 9 from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
- The day’s events include a members only pancake breakfast starting at 8:30am (pre-registration required), special gifts for the first 1,000 people that enter the park, birthday cake at the Snow Leopard Yurt at 1 pm, and 40th anniversary specials in the Zoo’s restaurants. Zoogoers can also sign a giant birthday card on the Snow Leopard Lawn! Activities will take place from 11 am to 6 pm with 40th Anniversary themed stage shows and keeper talks scheduled throughout the day.
Plus, you’ll want to check out our Event Calendar for more info on the following:
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?