by Jill P
FALL IS IN THE AIR!
October is now in full swing and we are quickly heading into the peak time of fall! Get out your calendar and start scheduling some fall family fun!
We published our Halloween Happenings Guide this week! So much to do! With close to 50 events happening in our area, there is definitely something for everyone on this list.
Have you made your fall bucket list yet? We have 33 Things To Put On Your Fall Bucket List that will keep you busy all fall long.
Plus, make sure you’ve checked out all of our fall articles in our AWESOME Guide to Fall Family Fun!
Are the teenagers in your family looking for ideas, too? We’ve got you covered with 17 Things Teens Will Love To Do This Fall.
Stay in the loop! Sign up for our E-News! To sign-up, click here.
FOR THIS WEEKEND
For this weekend, there is so much going on! We’ve highlighted just a few of the area festivals and special events happening in SW Michigan. You’ll want to check individual listings for pricing, start times and more details.
- Fennville Goose Festival | October 10 & 11 | Fennville | You’ll find several activities including the Gosling Run for kids, the Goose Festival Parade, a classic car show, student art shows, historical exhibits, goose calling competitions, an arts and crafts show, a petting zoo and more.
- Enchanted Forest Festival | October 10 & 11 | Fat Blossom Farm, Allegan | Walk the trails while touring custom built fairy houses, hobbit habitats, and gnome homes, and then, using only natural materials and your imagination, create your own dwelling!
- Stokes Homestead Fall Festival | October 11 | Stokes Homestead, Grand Junction | Activities include arts & crafts fair, pumpkin bowling, carmel apple station, paint your own pumpkin, wagon rides, and more!
- Cranberry Harvest Day | October 10 | DeGrandchamp’s Blueberry Farm, South Haven | Take a Hay Ride to our Cranberry Bog where you can watch us harvest a sea of red, ripe Cranberries.
- Mattawan Pumpkin Trail | October 10 | Downtown Mattawan | Activities include arts and craft booths, a caramel apple creation station, show on the village park stage, a a spooky science creation station, and more.
Special Events Happening This Weekend
- Art Prize Seven | Now through October 11 | Grand Rapids, various locations | This is the final weekend to check out Art Prize and see the top picks.
- BONTEBOKTOBERFEST | October 11 | Binder Park Zoo, Battle Creek | Join Binder Park Zoo for their 6th annual beer tasting event, must be 21 years or older to attend.
- 21st Annual CraneFest | October 10 & 11 | Bellevue | CraneFest provides crane awareness and optimal viewing as Michigan’s largest birds, the Sandhill Cranes, stop at Big Marsh Lake during their annual migration to Florida.
- Fall Color Cruise Bike Event | October 11 | Kalamazoo River Valley Trail, Kalamazoo | Bring your bike and cruise along the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail, enjoying the fall colors and family-friendly activities along the way.
- T-Rex Planet | October 10 & 11 | Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo | Ultra-realistic animatronic dinosaurs; over 40 life size dinosaurs in all with the rides and the skeletons. Visitors can interact with these creatures, learn about them and even ride a few.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?